Cassidy's B.A.R.S. >>>>>> Jay Z's American Gangster

Checked out both B.A.R.S and American Gangster....

I wasnt really feeling that American Gangster shit...its same old jay talk, theres a few tracks i liked here and there but it wasnt that hot. The last 4-5 tracks were solid, success wasnt anywhere near as good as black republican i liked the additions to ignorant shit. But Even tho i dont think this joint was all that its leaps and bounds better than kingdome come as far as lyrically and production wise. But its just lukewarm

B.A.R.S was SURPRISINGLY dope i actually like this joint over jay's album. More diverse content than on jay's whole fuckin album. Leanin on the Lord feat Angie Stone was dope and a song with content, he really surprised me on that joint, and that track Cash Rulez feat bone and eve where Cassidy flips his flow to match bone was a nice present surprise and they all fuckin ripped that track. I thought eve fucked up a lil cuz she started off rappin slow. That last joint on his album (i forget the name) was dope too. Cassidy was real diverse on this album while jay z was on bullshit that hes done every other album with little to nothing different.

iono tho i found american gangster borin cuz its the same jay shit over and over, cass stepped his game up to me definately have more respect for cass instead of just labelling him as a "punchline rapper"

B.A.R.S >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> American Gangster

Nov 6th, make the right decision and cop the better album. Cassidy's joint is clearly better

ARon

Not sure if I agree. I have been listenin to Cass more though. But I'm with you on him surprising me a lot, and I think that's why I'm listenin to it so much. Cass succeeded, doubt sales will match though.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.