Cassidy to release single from jail

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Once his current incarceration in Philadelphia for involuntary manslaughter and aggravated assault comes to an end, Cassidy says he plans to get back in the studio with Swizz Beatz and crank out another album.

The artist, whose real name is Barry Reese, was sentenced to 11 1/2 to 23 months after being found guilty of negligence for providing the guns that killed Desmond Hawkins and wounded two of his associates. He’s been locked up since June 2005.

Cassidy’s label, Full Surface, will drop the single "Cassidy (The Anthem)" on February 28th. The song is from the rapper’s 2005 sophomore album, I'm A Hustla, released just weeks before he was charged with murder.

In a recent court decision, Cassidy was cleared of murder charges, but found guilty of supplying the guns that allowed the murder to take place. The rapper said of the case: “While I am pleased that I was cleared of the murder charges, my satisfaction is not long-lasting, because of the death of someone who I considered to be my friend, Des Hawkins."

Added Swizz Beats: "When Cassidy gets out, do not expect us to promote this situation as a cocky and violent situation, but as a blessed situation."

PELLA

whats with these rappers nowadays coming out with stupid names for their albums? "im a hustla" psh, c'mon man, try harder.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.