Cassidy out of jail

Cassidy, real name Barry Reese, was home this weekend after completing his eight month sentence at Curran-Fromhold correctional facility.

He was incarcerated in June of 2005 from charges pertaining to the murder of 22-year-old Desmond Hawkins . He was convicted of involuntary manslaughter, two counts of aggravated assault and the possession of an instrument of crime. He escaped an attempted murder charge, but instead was found guilty of providing the guns and ammunition that ultimately killed Hawkins.

When speaking in January Cassidy said "While I am pleased that I was cleared of the murder charges, my satisfaction is not long-lasting, because of the death of someone who I considered to be my friend, Des Hawkins. And while I am eager to resume my career as a recording artist, writer and performer, I am also eager to be reunited with my family, friends, and fans."

Representatives for Cassidy said he is ready to start recording his third album.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.