Cassidy On Fat Joe/Papoose Fight, ''I Wouldn't Set Papoose Up''

THEV1LL4N

Philadelphia rapper Cassidy recently called into New York radio station Hot 97 to set the record straight on his role in the altercation that occurred between Fat Joe and Papoose. Joey Crack and Brooklyn rapper Papoose got into a fight at a North Carolina hotel prior to performing at a concert last weekend. While it is still unclear on what exactly happened - and who came out victorious in the scuffle - Hot 97's Miss Jones spoke to Cassidy in hopes to get the details from an unbiased eyewitness.

In several interviews throughout the week Papoose has said that he believes Cassidy set him up, asking him to hang out in his hotel room knowing that Fat Joe would later show up and start trouble. Joe denied the claims saying he knocked on everyone's door in the hotel until he found him.

Cassidy told Miss Jones that he had no ill intentions when inviting the mixtape phenom to his room; he was just trying to make connections with the rapper to possibly work with him in the future.

"We were all staying at the same hotel," Cass explained. "So it's not like I called Papoose from his home and then something happened to him or I called him from far away and he walked into a unfamiliar area. We were staying in the same hotel on the same floor. Me, Fat Joe and Papoose. So I definitely wouldn't set Papoose up... it definitely wasn't my fault I was just reaching out, trying to communicate, trying to build relationships."

"That was actually my first time actually conversating with Papoose when I seen him in a hotel," he added. "I ran into him a couple of times and seen his face, but I never got a chance to bust it up with him or communicate with him. And being to the fact that he's up and coming and he's doing his thing and he's definitely got a little buzz, I wanted to build a relationship and hopefully we could have did a song or something in the future."

When asked if he was in the room when Fat Joe and Papoose actually came to blows, Cassidy said that he had already excused himself from the room.

"I wasn't even paying attention because at that point I excused myself from the room," he said. "...I was there but when the fight actually broke out I was at the door with my people and in the hallway with them and Papoose had his people with him, I want y'all to know that. Papoose wasn't by himself. He had six, seven or eight people in the hotel with him. Probably like two or three people floating in and out of the room so Fat Joe came in with his people."

Cass said if he known that they had a beef beforehand he would have tried to mediate the fight.

"I don't know what the beef is over," he told Miss Jones. "If I knew it was a beef already I could have jumped up and tried to neutralize the situation. Like 'don't blow it out of proportion' or 'don't do it in there.' Due to the fact that they were on the radio the night before Fat Joe felt some type of way. I didn't know about that. I was on the road traveling around doing my shows. So I didn't know about the radio situation and I didn't know that Joe had a problem with Papoose."

For future reference Cass wants to make one thing clear about the situation.

"When I'm building a relationship with a rapper or with anybody in the world I want them to feel safe around me," Cass said before ending his interview, "I don't want them to feel that I'm a shiesty dude that would set someone up."

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.