Cashis talks debut album, problem with Royce, Eminem, King Mathers, and more

Cashis, born Ramone Johnson, was signed to Shady Records in 2006. He is now getting ready to release Loose Cannon, a double album, on July 25th. DaShadySpot got the chance to ask Cashis some questions about his debut album, his problem with Royce, Eminem, and much more.

What's good, Cashis? Is everything cool with you?

I’m all G, pahtnah… What up witchu?

Everything's good with me, but let's talk about you here. For those who know you by face and name primarily, let us know who you are, and where you’re from?

I’m Ramone “Shady Capo Ca$his”. I’m from 7831 S. Langley… Chicago-Illinois… 60619. And I’m also, a Anaheim, Ca representer…. I’m the Chi-Cali Gangsta.

From what I understand, you tried to get your group The Rengades signed to Shady Records. But instead Eminem signed you as a solo artist. How did you feel about that?

Yeah, u must really keep ur ear 2 the blocc! I felt good abot it. It was time for me to grow as an artist, and take control of my destiny. It helped me and my clicc. Becuz that’s what enabled me 2 b where I am now, and 2 have the future that I have!

When growing up, who or what was your main influences in the music business?

2pac, Snoop, Kurupt, The whole Deathrow camp, King Mathers, Jay-Z, Crucial Conflict, Twista and the Speedknot Mobstaz, Scarface, Spice 1, DJ Quik, Mc Eiht, Top Authority, E-40 and the Clicc, Brotha Lynch ,Common, Westside Connection, Psychodrama, T.I.P., B.G., C-Murder, Smooth the Hustler, Mobb Deep, DMX, Keith Murray, Redman and Method Man, LOX, San Quinn and of course the whole G-Unit movement from 98 on.

Let's talk a little about your music. You recently put out two mixtapes, Blacc Jesus and Bogish Boy v300. Both of them as free downloads. Are you going to put out anything else before your debut album drops?

Yeah mayne. Keepen my name poppen out there. I’m putten one out err 2 weeks. Next week the Ca$his “Bang Out” mixtape will b out. The cover alone will create the stir of Blacc Jesus. And it showcases Ramone side. I incorporate err gang sign from pagan’s to nazi’s to 74’s on the cover. Then 2 weeks later, I’m droppen BBG vol. 4… ”Wrath of the Preacher’s Son” … June 24th.. I’m droppen the Loose Cannon prequel. 12 tracc street album, on, BBG Records, via internet, and hitten the streets. Plus, we get a real real good amount of mixtape orders, so, the pre sales of this street album, will tie me in to 7-25-08.. the G-Day!!! Shady put me in this spot, and the people kept me n this spot… now I’m bringen us n more money again. And most importantly, constant, quality,material.

So, July 25th is still the release date for Loose Cannon?

Yep. In between touring, I’m finishen up my wish list for the album. I’m bot to go n with Toomp, and make anutha monsta!!! 7-25… The world iz mine!!! I jus wanna give the fans a reason to go bacc to the stores. From the pictures, to everything. It’s a lot of extra incentives included in my double cd.

It's a double-album?

Yep, disc 7 is the Ca$his Disc, and disc 4 is the Ramone disc

What can we expect from Loose Cannon music wise?

Don’t expect anything. Just listen to it, and make your expectations, to tell others. I do expect to have great word of mouth. Jus like I got with the E.P., and mixtapes that I do. Prolly, the only thing to expect, is Excellence. Expect a circa 96 album. A album u can bang from beginning to end. From intro to outro. The Ca$his disc, is the first disc, and the Main disc. Meaning my label and I collectively picced it. So, it has all the hit records, and big name producers on it. The Ramone disc, is a raw, dark, wild out disc. It’s the disc I picced, that may be to harsh to b released individually, commercially. But, when it’s placed with the first disc, it satisfies errbody. I use a lot of up and coming producers on the 2nd disc. Hungry dudez, that put their soul in the beat. And this will help them establish, publishing deals, and all that. I’m payen 4 the 2nd disc outta my pocket. And that’s my way of given bacc to talented, hard worken folk, ya dig. Give them a chance to make money, and b established.

Can you reveal any track titles and guest artists?

Grinden.. the jump off street single from disc 7… produced by Sha Money… I got Buck on the Lp, Em plugged me with a T.I.P. record, we getten Keisha Cole on this record that is timeless G… 4 real. Of course King Mathers, I’m choppen it up with Speedknot Mob and Twista right now, and Slim Thugg. And we all get down with each othaz material. So, u will definitely see and hear something on the LP regarding that. Snoop, Method Man, Bun B, and Scarface, are some of the last artists, that I am reaching out to, right now. Turn in date for the album, is soon approaching. Ray.J… get at me fammo, I lost my phone wit yo info n there. We gotta bang this radio record out 4 my Cd. I would love to get a record produced by Wild style from Crucial Conflict, feat, Kellz, Twista, Kanye, Bump J, and Common. Called Chi-land Goons. Cuz Chicago is much bigger than 22nd to 10 tray now. It go all the way to G.I., and Racine, and Minnesota, and Iowa, And thru all the so-called “suburbs” of Chicago. I eventually wanna make it a Chi song… longa than Game’s One Blood remix. But, just with Chi and Midwest Goonz on it. To put the spotlight on my city. Cuz I love errbody n the 312-773-708 to the death. And I wanna do one for the west, and feat. Real niggaz, like Spider, 40 Glocc, my homebwoi Young De, Roccett, And all of the Kings, Snoop, Kurupt, Quik, Boo-Yah tribe, and I can’t 4get all my pahtnaz n the Bay. The bay, got a lot of real niggaz!!! So 2 long azz records 2 rep where I’m from.

Who handles the production on the album?

A lot of folk, Em, Sha, Jake 1, Toomp, Drummaboy, Rikanatti, Emile, Alchemist, Havoc, etc. It’s 16 records on each Cd.. So I can’t name errbody, I’m way too high 4 that.

When can we expect a first single to be released?

End of May, early June

With todays low record sales, are you afraid that your album will flop sales wise?

Not at all. 50 had a great album, and he’s multi plat… The Re-up is multi plat, Kanye had a good album, multi plat.. Jigga sells. Buck went gold, which is plat plus n todays market. So, that leads m to belive that good music will sell. And as long as you keep promoting it, it will succeed. Tip, Luda, Jeezey, errbody that is relvant, sells records. Rick Ross sells, Snoop. And I’m a veteran new comer. Who hasn’t been out of the public eye in 2 years. And that’s how long, I been n this game. My label really believes in me, and as long as I’ve got that, combined with great music, and swag, and bein someone that people wanna look at. Whether to love me or hate me, solidifies me record sales. And I can improve sells each album. Especially as our economy rebounds bacc.

Do you feel a lot of pressure from Eminem to succeed with this album?

Nope. I’m n a lifetime contract. I’m the Capo. I’m good!!!! And Em hears the material, so, he is anxiously anticipaten to let the world fully in on who is the weapon of mass destruction…. Ramone!

Speaking of Eminem. What's it like to have him as your boss?

It’s great. He doesn’t like to b called boss.. That’s like some slave shit. He is my big bro, The King, and I’m 4ever unda his call… And Glad 2 b that way!!!

I've been asked by a lot of people to ask you about the status of Eminem and his upcoming album. What can you say about that?

All I can say, is look out 4th quarter ya’ll.. He graciously is letten me b able to eat, and take ova the summer and fall…. Cuz winter time, is the all time winner’s time…. ya dig

Have you recorded anything for his album?

Hell yeah!!! You know I’m on that folk!!!

Is it going to be called King Mathers, or was that something you just said?

I don’t lie to the public G. It’s called King Mather’s fa so!!!!

In a recent leaked video with you, you said some not so positive things about Royce. Is that just talks or would you really fuck him up if you met him?

Hahahahaha. It’s not a big deal to King Mathers. So, I follow command, and fall bacc. I really wanted to fucc Royce up at the moment. And I went to Detroit and was ridden with a bunch of real Detroit goonz, and during the midst of that, The King, thanked me 4 riden 4 him, and explained to me, what devastation it would cause, if I was locked up, 4 hurten dude. Or if somebody got so scared that they popped me. Considering all that we have lost, and the biggest blow of all being what happened with Proof (R.i.P.), he wouldn’t b able to handle that. Especially over, something, that was a rap lyric, that Royce shouldn’tve said. They got it squashed, and it’s all cool. So there is no beef, with homebwoi at all. Now, if his rap lyric was me getten dissed, It wouldn’t b ova until, well… let’s jus leave it at that. Em is a very smart man. He’s destroyed errbody, and doesn’t want me to get the bully rep, that I have now, which is the same rep he had. And I’m a “Loose Cannon” so, I’m glad that I have him, and Dart, and Uncle Paul, to mentor me. Cuz, cases get expensive. It’s still on with, certain niggaz, I have issues with though. U just won’t hear abot it n music.

Isn't the whole Eminem vs Royce thing over already

It was over, folk spoke outta line, so he opened it bacc up. And I voiced my opinion of it, which led to it being resolved.. So, it’s over now. As long as don’t nobody speak on us, I won’t move on u. That’s what it is.

Bobby [Creekwater] said something about a Re-Up 2 in a recent interview. Do you know anything about that?

What up Creek!!! It’s possible. And if it happens. .I will have 7 records on there again (hint)… u figure it out… hahaha

Any idea when it might drop?

I can’t say all that. Kills the anticipation. I wish I could folk!!!! But… 7-25-08… The d b-day of my big brother Rob… R.I.P. he was CVL. So, that’s the main date at Shady/Interscope approachen.

Other than your upcoming debut album, what can we expect from you in the future?

Audio Hussla street album, with Me and Young De, feat. G Malone, Hot Dolla, Damizza, Dj Skee, errbody west coasten. Hot Rod, and a few otha pahtnaz of mine are layen they verses too. Fed Gang what iddup!!!!!

Any planned tours?

Yeah, I do amonth overseas. And I got the valut n LBC, Royce is sposed to b opening up I heard. The promoter asked me, and I’m like yeah, ain’t no problems. I jus got a crib n Atlanta too now, so, I’m putten together the dates. It’s 2, 23 date tours booked now. I’m jus waiten for my p.a. to work out the scheduling.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Eitha rich and liven, or rich and smoked. If I’m alive, I plan to b at 20 million sold. 100 million cash, doing movies, and putten out Classic albums err year. With my own label thru Shady Records. And to b more business minded about errthang I do. I’m following Em’s blueprint, on statyen true to the music, and the fans.

What's your view on the current state of the hip-hop game?

I like it. I think right now, it’s easy for talented artists to outshine all the corny ones. U jus have to let the public know that u exist.

Who would you say are the top MCs out right now?

King Mather’s 50, Jigga, Buck Marley, TIP, Jeezey, Snoop, Luda, Wayne.. And I like the singles that are out now. Well, I like the beats to them. I listen to a lot of heyday rap. The Makaveli CD, Tip’s first cd, Jeezey’s 2nd joint, BG’s album, C-Murda’s first joint, and a lot of psychodrama, and Snypaz, and both Crucial Conflict albums, I bump a lot of Chicago undaground music, and undaground music in general. I listen to my shit a lot though. 2 compare it with my favorite albums, and that’s how I know what I am!!!!!

That was all the questions I had for you. Anything you want to say to those who are reading this?

Thank u 4 the interview. And 2 all the readers and listener’s… I love ya’ll. And thank you for the love ya’ll give me. 4 the few haters…… hahahahaha…. U can’t escape me huh??? Jus give in… it’s ok…. U know u feel a niggaz style!!!! What up to Detroit, and Flint Michigan Folks!!!! To my brothaz.. Kilo, Outcold, Marciano Capone, and Sonny capone.. All my loc’d out 20 sisters, and and 100 cuzzens.. Re Re, Lil Walt, Toya and all ya’ll… I’m still breathen… barely… Forks up till I die!!! To 79th… you are my soul, that’s y I stay real…. To Cali.. From the bay to L.A. to San Diego, to my O.C. I love ya’ll. O.C. u know me, and u know how I get down.. I got errbody seeing we ain’t trotten thru the flowers with lollipops, like the succaz they thot we waz. What up to Blood El’s, Watergate’s, Deuce Tray’s, Shelly’s, F-Troop, Del Hi- and all the otha sets n The 714. And big b.o.s. stacc to all my GD’s n the county. Tustin, Anahieim, and Santa Ana!! To all the BBG’z keep riden!!! What up to Pap, Nando and Junior… all my H-Town BB niggaz. 7-25-08…. Monique 4eva…….. Mone

Thanks for taking your time to do this interview with me

Da Shady Spot [dot] com | Interviews - Cashis

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.