Carter 3.... Doubts

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Im really having doubts about The Carter III. I thought The Leak was dope (the extended one) but every track we've seen leaked from The Carter 3 recently kind of sucks.

I dont mind the cover, its just a cover, and its funny, but the music just isnt there from what we've heard.

Although, Lollipop is dope.

But I dono, Im kind of having doubts that this will be as good as we had all hoped.

ARon

I think everyone has been having some sort of doubts. He's really gearin his music and subject matter towards the women, which is fine with me, but not a lot of people like that. I still think that cover is a fake but whatever, funny though. I think with this album people will find out if they are fans of one or two of his albums/mixrapes, or the artist as a whole. DJ Shadow said the same thing about his later albums cus everyone was so stuck on his first one and got mad cus he strayed from that style. Happens with a lot of artists really.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
If you're a fan of Drought 3, the leak (the extended one), and his other mixtapes, there's a good chance you're not a big fan of his studio albums. I didn't like Carter I, I remember roaches said really good things about it, how wayne was studying "the greats" lyrically, but I didn't feel the album. Carter II I liked a lot and wayne put a lot of thought into his verses, and the production was on point. Still, his mixtapes I prefer more because he doesn't feel bound or constrained by label and industry politics and just has a lot of fun on the mic.

He wouldn't say "when I was 5, my favorite movie was the Gremlins, ain't got shit to do with this, but I just thought that I should mention" on a studio album because, well hey, it's not album material. But, think about it. You really have to be having a lot of fun when writing verses. I could imagine him writing this verse and have the gremlins pop in his mind and have him actually mention that in the song. That's just super cool to me.

I think the album will be on point, but the content will be constrained and you won't have one of those moments where you listen to what he says and think "damn, what kind of drug combination was he on to have that come to his mind?".

Tha_Wood

Underboss
Staff member
nice track. there is something about him i dunno, i havnt really listened to him but from this track and a few others hes good in a weird way.

Bigg Limn

Staff member
lol I love that line..had me rollin when I first heard that. I dunno if some of the shit Ive heard is from The Carter 3 altho it says it is...but I dnt like half of it. Lollipop I cant stop bumpin, and a few others Im iffy on...but its Weezy it shld be solid - and good booty bumpin musik.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.