Carlito's Way trailer hits StreetHop.com

It's not by the producer of Scarface, That's Martin Bregman this is Michael Bregman. He produced the first Carlito's Way, but all his movies after that have been caca, I'm not expecting this to be as good as the first.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
PaulyPac said:
It's not by the producer of Scarface, That's Martin Bregman this is Michael Bregman. He produced the first Carlito's Way, but all his movies after that have been caca, I'm not expecting this to be as good as the first.
Both Martin and Michael Bregman are producing this movie, so the trailer is correct, it is from the producers of Scarface and Carlito's Way. Martin Bregman produced Scarface, Carlito's Way and now Carlito's Way: Rise To Power.

As for Michael Bregman, I thought The Bone Collector was good, as were his lighter movies such as Nothing To Lose with Martin Lawrence.

Rukas said:
Both Martin and Michael Bregman are producing this movie, so the trailer is correct, it is from the producers of Scarface and Carlito's Way. Martin Bregman produced Scarface, Carlito's Way and now Carlito's Way: Rise To Power.

As for Michael Bregman, I thought The Bone Collector was good, as were his lighter movies such as Nothing To Lose with Martin Lawrence.
Nah Michael Bregman just worked on some photography in Scarface, he didn't have a big part in the movie. Martin Bregman did it himself, Michael Bregman produced Carlito's Way.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
PaulyPac said:
Nah Michael Bregman just worked on some photography in Scarface, he didn't have a big part in the movie. Martin Bregman did it himself, Michael Bregman produced Carlito's Way.

Nah what? I never said Michael Bregman produced Scarface so I dont know why you're countering an argument I never made; he produced Carlito's Way. Martin Bregman is producing Rise To Power; he produced Scarface and Carlito's Way. Therefor as I said, it is correct, the movie is from the producers of Scarface and Carlito's Way.

Martin Bregman is also producing the new Al Pacino movie, Torch.

And for the record, Michael Bregman is directing Rise To Power, not producing it.

So sorry, you're wrong, the people who made the movie and I are correct.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
PaulyPac said:
Yeah my mistake, put that the wrong way, still don't think much of it without De Palma directing.
I think it'll be alright, nothing more.

I always liked to think of Carlito's Way as a "What If Scarface had lived" kind of thing so for me, Rise To Power needs to top or equal Scarface... I doubt that will happen.

PaulyPac said:
Prequel obviously, it’s supposed to be him when he was young if you didn't notice by looking at the main character.
o ya i meant prequel. i didnt get to watch the trailer i'll watch it when i get home.
i havent seen the original Carlito's way Yet

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.