Can DETOX live up to it's expectation?

kastro

Well first of all it's been nearly ten years since Dr Dre released an album, and through those years he has promised it only to it get delayed time after time and now that "hopefully” it’s time for release is near, will it live up to everyone’s expectation since peoples anticipation has been high and it is at its boiling point as far as waiting goes.

Do u guys think it will deliver, I mean to me I expect for every track to be banging from start to finish and every single song to be great, since he’s had all these years to produce and work on it and with different artist. Even if every year he created 1 tight song then by now surely he should have 10? And that’s just going by that theory, but obviously he has created shit loads more.

But when it does finally get released, do u guyz think people will complain and moan that it’s not good? Or will it fully deliver and fill everyone’s appetite and expectation? As everybody will be awaiting nothing sort of a classic from Dre I believe most people will get disappointed as their hope for this album should be at all time high and would expect nothing but a CLASSIC, as I surely do.

THEV1LL4N

different people have different expectations and therefore may have a differing preference for how this album should sound.

now, dre cant please everyone because of the various people waiting for this album. in other words, he cant tick every single box for every single person.

there will be a crowd who will moan about the album and a crowd who will love the album, and there may also be one which finds the album okay. but because of the length of time its taken to release this album, i can see people swaying to either loving or hating this album, rather than a neutral opinion. if fans dislike it, they will be angered.

also, considering the amount of time its taken, the number of beats he has given away to other artists, the number of songs leaked and those which have been scrapped it wouldnt surprise me if the album turns out sounding nothing like he originally intended.

i think that had dre released it around 2003/2004 as expected, it would have easily been a classic compared to a detox which was to be released round about 2009/2010 (sonically).

kastro

yeh i do agree with the part if Detox was released it couldve been a classic in 03/04, but obvisouly as years pass the album has to change more and more to keep up to date with the trend and diff thoughts and input by dre to change it more.

To me it would look like detox has changed multiple times as to which direction dre was taking, im jst wondering will detox be bit more laid back compared to chronic 2001 or will it be similir hard core 01 dre.

One thing is though that fans i do believe will be divided, look at response to em's new album, some like it and some dont, even his old fans were disliking it badly, it wil be interesting to see how detox does as far as pleasing fans goes.

i think the time taken waiting for this album is the time dre is spending on perfecting the album, he's probably the best producer on the rap/hip hop scene that is or ever was or will be, there is no pressure on his reputation as a producer for the need for him to be putting out albums all the time.

dre's probably just spending a lot of his time kickin' it in the studio, mixing and putting beats together, working with different artists evolving and experimenting with the sound. dre's probably like so laid back in the studio that he just likes to spend his days making different beats and putting them together as a collection, from which he will eventually pick out tracks for an album.

plus dre spends time working with a lot of other artists and evolving them, if it wasn't for dre we wouldn't have some of the artists we have today. its good of dre not to be selfish with his music, every track on chronic 2001 featured at least one other artist, im hoping detox will be something similar in ways of collaboration

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.