Ca$his - The Game Belongs To Me

SicC

Dying Breed
Staff member
California based rapper Ca$his (born Ramone Johnson) is aligned with the best team in hip-hop. Aftermath/Shady Records, enough said. If he doesn’t take the game by storm, then nobody will. With a song stealing verse on “You Don’t Know”, and a successful limited edition EP, County Hound selling like crazy, you could say the kid is well on his way.

Sixshot.com sat down with Cashis to discuss everything from his relationship with Em and Dre, to the County Hound EP, and life on Aftermath/Shady.

What's good man, how's life?

Life is good right now. I finished the Loose Cannon double CD. I'm still recording everyday though, until my album drops. I beat a few cases! Not to brag, because it costs money to stay free, when envious people surround you.

Are you happy with how the County Hound turned out?

I'm ecstatic about how the County Hound E.P. did. We sold every copy we printed. It was a limited edition release. And it's still selling well online. The "Lac Motion" video got me a lotta MTV love, and the E.P. established me as a true artist, and gave me a fan base. We put 50k into the project, and cleared 7 figures. So, It was a definite success, and put me in a position to get a more than fair amount of performance money. Various magazines and of course my coveted Sixshot.com interview, ya dig?

What was it like growing up in the Chi and then moving to Cali?

Actually, I'm from Chicago. Southside East 79th. I came to Cali at 17. So, I can't really elaborate on growing up in Cali. But, I became a man in Cali. It was different from the city, fa sho.

I was used to segregation, and I was unfamiliar with the gang culture out West. Because Chicago started gang culture, and we never came in contact with the culture out West. But, I got it poppin' out here, like a true Chi-town G will! I love Cali, my kids are in nice homes, and the kush man, and I blow a pound a week no lie. I learned about prescription pills and all that in Cali. I also, did a couple lil' bids in Cali, so I became a man in Cali. But I am forever a Chicago guy. You can tell just by being around me. East Side up. 79th, ain't no strip rawer!

You just beat some charges. Tell us about that.

Yeah man, it's a lot of policing being done by associates of mine, and others who target me, based upon my affiliations and the fact of them knowin' that I will ride for mine. King Mathers got that bread though! And he keep his Capo free! I love u forever Marshall! No homo.

How did you hook up with Eminem?

Richard Spoon sent in a demo, my A&R and homeboy for life, Dart Parker, heard it, and Uncle Paul Rosenberg heard it, and Tracy McNew and by chance got into Em's tape deck. And he heard the first verse and hook from "Talkin All That" produced by Rikanatti. And he locked himself in his car listening to my C.D., and said get Ca$his out here tomorrow. And that was it!!!!!

Are you guys close?

I would die for Marshall Mathers. He's my children's Godfather...I'm in his will. So if you suckas smoke me, I live on, (Laughs), yeah, Em and me are really close. That's why I got Shady Capo and Mathers Gang tatted all over me. We talk constantly, and I owe my life to him, I would do anything for my big bro Marshall. The King....

You murdered it on 'You Don't Know'. Was the response crazy?

Thanx folk...Yeah, the response was crucial. My first introduction was with Em, 50, Banks, and Yayo. And I stood out on the record. That's what we all expected. And I'm just proud of being able to be a part of that. I'm still eating well off that. The Re-Up is still selling. I got a chance to put out 714 to over 3 million purchasers and I was able to show folk that Orange County, Ca. ain't full of suckas, lames, and squares, ya dig!? And Chicago saw that I didn't leave for good, I am Chicago, so I take them all with me, into every song!!!!

Were you grinding real hard before you got up with Em?

Yeah, my work ethic is extreme and always has been. Now, I have access to more beats, so I stepped it up even more. Em's the best by far! Wait until you hear my album. Keep listening to my mixtapes, and watch as I keep takin' over. Shady for Life!

What is it like working with Dr. Dre?

It was incredible working with Dre. Incredible. And we have a lot of work together, that the world will be hearing ASAP. Workin' with the Dre is the second biggest moment of my life. The first was recording with Em, and him telling me I'm the best in his eyes. That I am a young him. That is my inspiration. I never will let him down. And Dre gave me the biggest co-sign ever. Dre started the music that I do, he's built, Snoop, NWA, King Mathers, 50, Pac on All Eyez On Me, and now Ca$his. I am the future of real hip-hop. Big ups, to my Aftermath brother Bishop Lamont also.

Do Em and Dre provide a lot of guidance as far as your music goes?

I just do me. I rap to the beat, when it's not even finished, and my words determine what Em or Dre will add to the beat, so that it becomes a perfect marriage between lyrics and production. But, they know, I've never done a wack, or corny record. So, I don't need direction. But I implement any advice that they give me, in my music. I let Em pick my CD. He's sold more than anyone. So, I don't know shit, and don't try to interfere with that. I just make the hits G!!!!

Tell us about this Double CD you got dropping.

Loose Cannon. It explains Ca$his, and Ramone. I know artists are doing the whole alter ego thing now but, I really have a chemical imbalance, and have different sides of me. I walk around, happy, angry, suicidal, homicidal, broke, rich, and chasin' paper all at the same time. So you get to know the real me from Loose Cannon, which I feel is a classic and as time goes on, more and more people will continue to buy the album. I know its gonna be a big album, for me, for Shady/Aftermath/G-Unit/Interscope. And for the Bogish Boy'z and even bigger for music!

Who are the Bogish Boy Gangstaz?

Everybody who lives and dies for what they believe in. 57th and Normal started the Bogish Boyz. My uncle, King Pac-Man, started it. The sucker niggaz turned on him in the end, and his life was lost. But, the city is forever shook from his presence. So, with me being G.D. also, and my blood started it, I rep it, and immortalized him and the Bogish Boy name through music. R.I.P. Monique. The BBG crew is deep, and I'm pretty sure the hip-hop cops will be informing the public of that soon, suckers. Musically, you got me, Marciano (my brother), Rikantti, Basix, Kenno, and the Almighty DJ. Arkane.

What do you want to accomplish in the game?

I want to establish order in the game and keep real music alive while feeding my kids and numerous family members and friends. I want to inspire folks to rise above and become prosperous.

When can we expect the major label debut?

April or May of 08. They want it sooner. Bu I'm putting out a mixtape a month and a documentary DVD to get everybody even more familiar with me, and the brand, Shady. Brace up, it's gonna be a long exciting ride.

Anything you'd like to say to your fans at Sixshot.com?

All my fans and semi-fans, and haters, I love you all. I won't let you down. Look what we did with no promotion! You know what's coming next! Stay checkin' out Sixshot.com for exclusive Ca$his material to all who have accepted the fact that I am the new icon, and will never sell out. Your faith in me, is gonna keep me on top. And I am forever grateful to ya'll. The semi-fans gonna hop over that fence to the Ca$his side. May as well roll with a winner!!!!

And to the haters, I quote from 50, "ha ha ha, ha, ha ha ha ha ha. (Laughs)I'm laughing straight to the bank with this”. 227 until I'm 187. This is all brought to you by the Honorable King Mathers, Shady capo, Ca$his. Stay tuned for all mixtapes comin' semi-weekly, and thank ya'll for continually buying the County Hound E.P., on Itunes. My kids appreciate it, and so do I. I ride for ya'll, continue to ride for me!

THEV1LL4N

cant wait for loose cannon. also has anyone got the tracklisting for bogish boy vol. 2.

i downloaded the mixtape from his myspace, but the songs are labelled as track 1, track 2, track 3 etc... (i hate it when they do that).

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.