Busta's Sealed Lips Could Lead to Grand Jury

SiGh

Who's there?
Staff member

The police are threatening to force the MC to talk about his bodyguard's killing.
Thursday, February 23, 2006
Click here to watch Busta Rhymes' video "Touch It"

New York police and prosecutors are threatening to send Busta Rhymes before a grand jury in an effort to force him to talk about the murder of his bodyguard earlier this month.

The rapper has remained silent ever since his jewelry keeper, Israel Ramirez, was shot and killed at his Brooklyn video shoot earlier this month. Police commissioner Raymond Kelly says "nobody has come forward" to provide first-hand accounts of the shooting. He said if they continue to refuse, they could face either contempt charges or a perjury rap.

As previously reported, Busta has only released a statement expressing remorse over the incident, and a promise to make sure Ramirez’ family is “taken care of.”

At a news conference last week, Commissioner Kelly said he couldn’t understand why the murder of Rhymes’ employee would not encourage the rapper to come forward willing with any information to assist in the suspect’s capture and conviction. Kelly said he'd think Busta would "be knocking on the door" trying to tell police who killed a trusted employee of his.

This shit is getting ridiculous, I hate this whole "dont snitch" mindstate. Lets grow up and take care of a family and close friends. This is one of bustas dudes, this has got to be one of the things that take top priority, immeadiatley.

Da_Funk

The thing is, is that this probably being handled in the streets. I'd imagine thats why no one is stepping forward with info for the police.

C.R.Y.

for all we know, busta might be getting death threats right now, so i understand why he aint saying right now. his life and his familys might be on the line

ArtsyGirl

It seems to me like Busta's life was on the line along with Ramirez, Busta coulda been killed instead. Whether its being handled on the streets doesnt matter, the family most likely wont even know therefore they wont have closure on the whole thing. Plus why protect a killer? Whats the point, so he can go kill someone else who didnt deserve it?

_carmi

me, myself & us
there seem to be more than that to the story. but maybe we will never know. maybe busta has a good reason to shut up.

Sarr

Wishes he was on probation
why doesnt busta just say "i didnt see the shooters face" or something...

i agree he shouldnt tell the police though

I think yall are being a little to kind. Imagine if that was a family member of your own, that was burried last week. And Busta was the only one who say the face. Would u be like ok, sure keep it to urself, i understand, ur scared.

SMack

HiGhTillDeaTH said:
I think yall are being a little to kind. Imagine if that was a family member of your own, that was burried last week. And Busta was the only one who say the face. Would u be like ok, sure keep it to urself, i understand, ur scared.
I agree. Maybe Busta is just shittin' himself!! No excuse tho'!

most ppl n the industry who wear stop snitching shirts.. have never been in trouble.. never sold dope.. never did any type of crime.. mostlikely they finished school.. didnt know where to go afterwards... started rappina bout they surroundings and embraced something they never really knew nothing about

regular ppl who wear them... do it for fashion.. dont let them fool you.. its nothing but fashion

telling the police who shot you or your friend or anyone in that matter isnt snitching imo, its getting idiots of the street, someone i know was shot not to long ago, and after a while he told the police who did it, cuz of threats and shit (cuz the guy who did it knew he fucked up by shooting him, and was gonna get seriously fucked up for it) and the person i know not wanting to be looking over his shoulder for rest of his life thought about himself and family, but fucked up things is, the shithead got away with it, guns aha it seems most people are pussys these days

SiGh said:

The police are threatening to force the MC to talk about his bodyguard's killing.
Thursday, February 23, 2006
Click here to watch Busta Rhymes' video "Touch It"

New York police and prosecutors are threatening to send Busta Rhymes before a grand jury in an effort to force him to talk about the murder of his bodyguard earlier this month.

The rapper has remained silent ever since his jewelry keeper, Israel Ramirez, was shot and killed at his Brooklyn video shoot earlier this month. Police commissioner Raymond Kelly says "nobody has come forward" to provide first-hand accounts of the shooting. He said if they continue to refuse, they could face either contempt charges or a perjury rap.

As previously reported, Busta has only released a statement expressing remorse over the incident, and a promise to make sure Ramirez’ family is “taken care of.”

At a news conference last week, Commissioner Kelly said he couldn’t understand why the murder of Rhymes’ employee would not encourage the rapper to come forward willing with any information to assist in the suspect’s capture and conviction. Kelly said he'd think Busta would "be knocking on the door" trying to tell police who killed a trusted employee of his.
I don't know if this has anything to do with "snitching" but rather, i think that the people who shot and killed the bodyguard may have been associated with g-unit. This would be an understandable reason as to why Busta doesn't want to say anything.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online