Busta to Exec. Produce next Raekwon LP?

7 Syns

BUSTA RHYMES - EXECUTIVE PRODUCER FOR RAEKWON // FEBR 22, 2005
Even though it's going to take a while for the Wu-Tang to "marinate" and come back together like they once hoped, RZA said not to count out a reunion album later in the year, "maybe fourth quarter," after they get out a few more solo projects: "Let the big boys come out one more time." So far, Busta Rhymes will executive produce the upcoming Raekwon album — a sort of part two to Only Built 4 Cuban Linx — since 2005 marks the 10th anniversary of that album, RZA said, while he's going to turn his attention to Method Man. (MTV)

http://www.aftermathmusic.com/ammindex.html

What do people think of this? I dunno, it could be a good thing. Y'all know Busta Rhymes has some crazy ideas and overall a good/deep sense of creativity. Mixing that with champagne crossed Montana thoughts with Rae, we could be in for s surprise. Especially if the beats are banging. Im amped.

peace.

Rosco

Sounds interesting. It's always kinda disappointed me that Raekwon didn't really go anywhere from Only Built 4 Cuban Linx. That gave him the platform to become one of the best artists of all time and he didn't really take the chance. He'll always be remembered as a key part of the Wu, but he could easily have went so much further than that.

Casey

Staff member
Yeah i heard about this. Can't wait for some new Raekwon. there was some good shit on lex diamonds story, it got slept on though.

CalcuoCuchicheo

Little Miss Vixen
I think Busta is very creative & has a good ear for music which, hopefully, can manifest itself in an album of nice beats for Raekwon.

I do wonder what Raekwon is going to spit about though, if this album with have a theme running through it again.

7 Syns

Originally I heard Rae would be setting it up like it's 10years after OB4CL. Hence why his trying to drop it this year (10year anniversery). I hope he gets good direction without backtrailing on what his already done.

peace.

Wait up guys, are you saying Method Man is going to drop another album after that disappointing prequel. If it is true and if RZA produces the whole thing, then my friends we should get a classic in our hands in no time. It's a shame how Def Jam cut out 9 RZA tracks off Tical 0.

Peace

Bobby Sands

Ive heard that the reason Busta is producin Raekwon's next album is cos RZA is busy producin Method Man's next one.I think i saw it in the same article.

shuba

i hope they get it right this time, and give method man some justice by getting rza all over it,.

too bad i was hoping rza would have a hand in things with raekwons part 2 as well, o well,..i wonder how busta busts gonna do

linx

Staff member
I STILL can't fucking wait for this Rae album. Just hearing Only Built 4 Cuban Linx again makes me hyped up. Busta could be good for the album, we'll just have to wait and see. I can't fucking wait. Hopefully Meth drops some hot shit as well.

makaveli_411 said:
Wait up guys, are you saying Method Man is going to drop another album after that disappointing prequel. If it is true and if RZA produces the whole thing, then my friends we should get a classic in our hands in no time. It's a shame how Def Jam cut out 9 RZA tracks off Tical 0.

Peace
yes sir, n e thing RZA touches is good music, ecspecially if he can capture the meth he got on the 1st tical album

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.