Busta Rhymes - The Chemo

Label: Universal/Motown
Release date: TBA 2010

1st September 2009:
"The new album is 80 percent finished, and it's called The Chemo. It's the first time I'm announcing the name of the album. It's self-explanatory. We're coming to kill the cancer in music. I ain't trying to offend anybody. I think it's real important that we keep. ... We gotta re-establish the understanding that the perspective of hip-hop is to make music that always felt undeniable and unprecedented and we set a standard. And we always made sure we supplied the demand of being the ultimate cutting-edge form of entertainment that we always have and will always be. We always did a good job at doing that."

20th November 2009:
"The cancer that's stricken the business is killing the music, not only from a business standpoint, but also the value of the content and the creativity behind it. I just want to start the first stage of chemotherapy treatment that needs to take place and hopefully inspire others to do their part and contribute to different stages of the cure."

4th December 2009: It just feels incredible the way it's coming together. I'm looking to drop it sometime around March or April of next year.

Busta talking about "The Chemo" (video, 5 months ago):

THEV1LL4N

let's hope its better than his last effort and more along the lines of "the big bang". he seriosuly disappointed me with his last album.

XXLMag.com: You dropped B.O.M.B. last May and are already knocking out The Chemo. What’s the thought process behind putting out a new album so quickly?

Busta Rhymes: The reason I decided to come with another album so quickly is because I was inspired. There’s music coming out lately that’s definitely inspired me to want to stay in the studio.

XXLMag.com: What’s the meaning behind the name of the new album?

Busta Rhymes: The thing that I want to primarily get across through the name of the album is there are many stages of chemotherapy, depending on the level of cancer existing in someone. The life line of the way we value hip-hop overall, knit picking songs… it’s completely misconstrued the value of the content and I think that’s definitely something that’s contributed to the slow death that not even hip-hop but the music industry is encountering. I want to do whatever it is on my part to contribute to that initial treatment to start inspiring others to go in the direction necessary so that we can all collectively save the music industry.

XXLMag.com: Being that your goal is to inspire other artists, who are you actually working with on the record?

Busta Rhymes: I don’t want to disclose the cameos but I do have records with people like Wyclef. Salaam Remi did the record that me and Wyclef did. Big up to Trey Songz, Chris Brown, P. Diddy and Dirty Money… Again, I don’t know who and what’s going to end up on the [final] album because a lot of it is contingent on clearances… I’m still in the process so we’ll know in time.

XXLMag.com: You mentioned Salaam Remi, what other producers have you worked with so far?

Busta Rhymes: I got a lot of great people coming to the table on the production level, so far Focus, Rockwilder, Nottz, the legendary, late, great J Dilla, DJ Scratch, Cool & Dre, the Runners… those are just the names of a few of the people that’s come to the table… Oh, and Dr. Dre came to the table again.

XXLmag.com - » Busta Rhymes, Back On My Business Tip

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.