Busta Rhymes attends second day of Wake and releases statement

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Busta Rhymes took a lot of flack recently for failing to attend the wake of a bodyguard who was fatally shot on the set of 1 of Rhymes video shoots. But Busta did attend the second day of the grieving, flanked by four security personnel, and has released the following statement through his attorney.

“I have sent my condolences to the Ramirez family during this time.”

He also said that Ramirez was "one of the rare friends that you come across that you can trust with your life."

"The conversations I have had with Izzy's wife have all been focused on comforting her and helping her get through this. To that end, I've assured her that I will be taking responsibility in making sure that my friend, a devoted husband and a loving father, is laid to rest in a proper fashion."

The rapper also offered an explanation for his absence at the first wake for Ramirez.

"Out of respect for the family's desire for, and right to, privacy during this mourning period I made the decision to attend Izzy's wake on the second day rather than the first, knowing that my presence would have brought unnecessary media attention to a personal and private time of grieving."

Funeral services for Ramirez are scheduled to take place today (Feb. 10) at the Church of the Ascension in New York.

While the rapper expressed his sympathy for the family, he made no mention of when - or if - he intends to speak with police about the shooting.

"Beyond this [statement] I have no further remarks to make at this time," Busta Rhymes concluded.

Meanwhile his manager and Violator head, Chris Lighty had the following to say.

"I have to hope that my children or their children will one day know Hip-Hop without the violence. I am sorry and send out my regards to the family of Israel Ramirez. I don't know what happened as I wasn't on the scene, so I won't comment. But it is a sad day when violence erupts and takes anyone's life. We have to come together as a people and try to rise above the conflicts we have on the streets of our neighborhoods," Lighty continued. "I am sure that everyone has a comment and the press will blame Hip-Hop and rappers but none of that is the case. Hip-Hop gave the opportunity for all these great stars to come together for this."

Sources stated that police still believe the gunman is an associate of Tony Yayo's from Brooklyn. The gunman apparently escaped in a car with the rapper, who has refused to speak to police via his lawyer, Scott Leemon.

Authorities also considered checking to see if the rapper violated his probation in order to detain and question him but later ruled out the option.

Everyone is always to eager to get on somebodies back nowadays. Its easier to deal criticism than to take a measured look at a situation for some people.

What a rough video shoot. It's something you want to say "Ok, life goes on" - but it's something that'll obviously bother him for years.

...as an aside: I visit this page for the content and the frequency that it's updated w/news, and I understand this isn't the Associated Press. Still though, some of the basic journalism here is just shit. Busta did not "take some slack" for this shooting...are you trying to say "took some flack"? Maybe someone should be proofreading these stories before you post them.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
jflballer said:
...as an aside: I visit this page for the content and the frequency that it's updated w/news, and I understand this isn't the Associated Press. Still though, some of the basic journalism here is just shit. Busta did not "take some slack" for this shooting...are you trying to say "took some flack"? Maybe someone should be proofreading these stories before you post them.

I made a small mistake. I do proof read them. But I have a real life and posting 8 news stories a day does take time. Maybe I should just copy and paste from other websites???

If you can do better input a CV. As we need more people to post news.

ArtsyGirl

what do all u who posted negative shit in the first news post have to say now? idiots.
What I have to say is: The first article had statements from FAMILY MEMBERS who were upset he didnt show. Busta saying he didnt come because of their privacy is bullshit since they obviously stated their disapointment, idiot.

SiGh

Who's there?
Staff member
Gambler said:
what do all u who posted negative shit in the first news post have to say now? idiots. :rolleyes:

nuthing so stfu. i/we didnt know there was a second day of mourning. if i/we did then maybe our comments woulda been different. dont go in and say stupid shit like that.

artisticgurl - like Busta Rhymes said, he knew there would have been a pack of media at the first days wake so thats why he stayed away. it was that simple. prior to the wake he stated he was going to make the man was put to rest in the proper way.

SiGh ... think u need to "stfu" - thats right u didnt know there was a 2nd day of the wake so instead of getting the other side of the story u were very quick to judge weren't you?

all i'm saying is people made comments that were simply not true because they didnt know ... people that talk without having fact = idiots. :laugh:

SiGh

Who's there?
Staff member
Gambler said:
artisticgurl - like Busta Rhymes said, he knew there would have been a pack of media at the first days wake so thats why he stayed away. it was that simple. prior to the wake he stated he was going to make the man was put to rest in the proper way.

SiGh ... think u need to "stfu" - thats right u didnt know there was a 2nd day of the wake so instead of getting the other side of the story u were very quick to judge weren't you?

all i'm saying is people made comments that were simply not true because they didnt know ... people that talk without having fact = idiots. :laugh:
"nuthing so stfu. i/we didnt know there was a second day of mourning. if i/we did then maybe our comments woulda been different."

umm where did it say that there was a second awake? from the first post bout the awake, our responses are justified and fine. so, just bcuz you didnt respond only says your opinion. ok buddy. ;)

ArtsyGirl

I made a post on this yesterday now its not here :confused: Oh well what I basically said was, Gambler if we are idiots does that make the family members of Ramirez idiots too since in the first article they were upset at him for not showing? :rolleyes:

the sister in law wanted to know where the people were. fair enough. regardless of whether she knew why he wasnt there or not, she is allowed to be angry at what happened. u guys shouldnt have just jumped down Busta like that - thats what i was saying - u didnt know the facts and some of the posts were plain wrong. as with sigh, if u dont agree, cool, everyones got an opinion.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.