Bun B - Trill

Bun B, who likes him? Is this album good?

Dude was bumpin his shit in the mall today and I overheard it, it sounded pretty nice, but is the album worth buyin?

roaches

I was ultaimtely disappointed in it, but it's a solid album. Bangs. I'd take The Sound of Revenge over it.

Bun wasn't meant to be a solo artist.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
I still like it.

5 stand out tracks. But you can play it straight through without being disapointed.

i was bumpin it real hard when it leaked, especially the track with Jeezy and Jay-Z (and i'm known to hate Jay-Z)

its worth it dogg its better than alot of other wack shit you could go out and get (Kanye West)

album is dissapointing if you have followed UGK through the years, as i have. You know that Bun is capable of so much more... He slowed his flow down and it has become predictable, nothing like the old days of Ridin Dirty. Too me there is only ONE stand out track, its called "The Story". and its ridiculous

roaches

It's not a question of him being better. His heart obviously wasn't in it, and now that Pimp C is home he no longer has any reason to entertain thoughts of a solo career and will probably never think about it again.

7 Syns

Album was dope but definately not what potentionally Bun could have brought to the table. Alot of songs seemed forced, which I believe you could tell via the guests and content in particular eg. 'Get It w/ Ying Yang Twins', 'Hold u Down w/ Mike Jones, Baby & Trey Songz', 'I'm Ballin' w/ Jazze Pha'..

I do believe the song 'Late Night Creepin w/ Skinhead Rob & Trav Barker' was out of his own merit. It's definately not what anyone would have expected especially from someone like Bun. The other songs are either great 'The Story', 'What I Represent (UGK)', 'Bun', 'Get Throwed w/Jigga, Jeez & ofcourse Pimp' to decent 'I'm A G w/ T.I.', 'Draped Up' etc..

Half the album was very good the other half decent to slumpy, which Pimp C wouldve made up for. Bun held off for a long time not to do a solo project, this solo came from the pressure he had been put on him since alot of fans started to hear his name this time 2 years ago. Excluding fans of his before Dirty Money.

peace.

Thanks for the responses.

Media Play round my way is goin out of business, so all there albums are 50% off. They had one Bun B left, so I got it for like $6.50. And so far, I liked most of it. I like "Im a G", "The Story", "What I Represent", "Draped UP (H-Town Remix)", and a few other ones are alright.

Hold you down was aight, but eugh, I didnt really like it. The one with "Tha Middlefingaz", forget the name of the song, but that wasn't very good I didnt think. Get It was actually alright. Bun was alright.

So, I guess for never listening to Bun B, i'm fairly impressed. Better then the Trick Trick album I got last week.

I was disappointed, maybe I was expecting too much out of Bun, 'cause he comes correct in every UGK song and guest appearance. But I mean the album isn't bad.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.