Bun B "The Story"

Great song! But this line hit my curious point

Next thing you know we got this call from the N.Y.
It's Jay-Z saying y'all niggaz getting fly
He doing "Volume 3" and got a track from Timb
And wondered could some trill niggaz rock it with him
Shit big Bun was all for it, but Pimp wasn't sure
But "Big Pimpin" hit 'em 187-Pure
Number one song on every station you turn on
MTV and BET we getting our burn on
Grammy nominated can't believe that we made it
And we got a call from Jive that left us all faded
And it stated, that due to the success of the track
We here at Jive records, would like to piggy back
Get another beat from Timb, then get a verse from Jay
Let Hype shoot the video and we'll be on the way
Shit it sounded okay, but me I had to ask
If we don't do Big Pimpin 2, would you still put us on blast
A song like that would might take a nigga to the top
But my true fan base, might think a nigga flop

pretty intresting if it true, I always though of the song "Hey Papi" by Jigga off the Nutty Prof. 2 sdtrk as a Big Pimpin 2 guess I was maybe on point with that'...any thoughts on this song (and know I dont have it)

i thought this track was real dope the first time i heard it. goin back to the old days and spittin a story on a track. good shit

this track,gotta love it. Personally i thought it was the best song in 2005.

I saw this show on mtv2, think it was called "My Block:Houston" or something like that and they had Sway interviewing Pimp C while he was still in jail. Pimp himself said that he thought the Jay-z-"Big Pimpin" was a pop song, and he really did not want to do it to begin with. But Bun, was like this will be the biggest break for us, EVER. So instead of not doing the song, they just decided to make it, for one, to get their name out to a different audience, and secondly, they did it to turn, what in Pimp's mind was a pop song, into a "gangsta" song, for lack of better words.

When it comes to "And we got a call from Jive that left us all faded, and so on" i really dont know the exact answer, but i do that UGK has had MAJOR problems with Jive. When i heard this song for the first time, it was the first time i had ever heard specifics when it comes to UGK's and Jive's disagrements.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.