Buddens breaks silence

On a Sirius satellite radio interview with Joe Budden, many things were discussed, from Gloria Velez, Jay-Z, his situation at Def Jam, his internet fame, top 5 lyricists in the game, and so much more.

In the beginning of the interview, when asked about his affair with Gloria Velez, Buddens said that he doesn't harbor any ill will towards her and that she's a good person. During the anxtious interrogation, Buddens was open about "teabagging" Gloria Velez and even giving her oral sex. Buddens then stated, "Any n***a that say they never ate p***y is a liar." Buddens even opened up about Gloria Velez being on another level of freaky. "She'll jump in this room, Gloria don't have no shame!"

When discussion about Def Jam came up, Buddens said he's not worried about anyone else and is only concerned for his situation. He stated that he felt things may have not been eye to eye with himself and the new and inexperienced management since the old management left. Buddens then basically answered that the lack of cooperation between himself and the inexperienced Def Jam staff may have held him back. As of now, Joe said that Def Jam has put the pressure on him to finish up his lp.

When Jay-Z was brought up, Joe said, it's great to have someone of his caliber there to help with the situation and that he can't quite evaluate and judge management yet until he actually puts out a record. When asked about Jay-Z promoting himself, he said artists are too egotistical and that only certain artists at Def Jam will get the same type of promotion as Jay-Z. "N****s need to keep they focus on them self. Artists is too mutherfuckin’ self centered and egotistical. Mind your fuckin’ business and work on your s**t. Like I’ve been doing."

When a caller called up and asked about Mood Muzik 3, Joe said that it'll likely be a mixtape album that will come out sooner than expected and will not disappoint.

Another caller then called up and asked Buddens about his top 5 lyricists presently in the game, excluding himself and legends. Buddens asked unknowingly if Eminem was a legend or not but proceeded to continue anyway and named Lupe Fiasco, Beanie Sigel, Jadakiss, Andre 3000, and said it was a tie between Cassidy and Fabolous. Buddens even went as far as to persuade that Fabolous was not a bubblegum rapper.

When asked to analyze Lil Wayne, he said Wayne is dope, has swagger, and flow but has his fair share of wackness. Joe chastised Wayne's "I'm on like the television" and "I'll never make it rain like Southern California" figurative lines. Buddens also put Papoose in the same boat as Wayne and didn't go out on the limb for him either like others do.

"One minute you’ll listen to some shit and be like oh s**t. The very next minute you’ll turn around and say … what the f**k is that? He’s had his share of wack s**t. Don’t get it fucked up I love Wayne. He’s one of the n****s I want to reach out for my album. But, if you talking about lyricists I just can’t rock with it. I think Pap is dope too. But I think the same thing applies with him that applied to Lil Wayne. Like, one minute, crazy. And the next minute, ok I don’t really understand. But you know what that probably comes with? When you just writing so much and you just putting s**t out consistently, eventually your brain can’t keep up with what you tryna do. That’s not even an excuse for n****z but I mean, I've been there."

When asked to address his internet fame, Joe explained that when he first came out he was on fire on the streets but killed his buzz when he left. He made it clear that he maintained his buzz on the internet due to him having 100% creative control with the internet media. Joe then says he couldn't accept the commercial handcuffs and if he did so that he would literally be on his fourth album. "I'm not in this s**t for the fame and the money. I'm not. I'm in this s**t cause I love hip hop. That's why. Alotta n****s change in this game man... Put an album out change. N****z just f**ked up man. That's exactly why I made the joint Last Real N****a left."

Off topic questions included the realist hoods in Jersey, which Joe named Jersey City, Newark, Orange, East Orange, Irvington, Trenton, Patterson, and Camden. Buddens stretched that there are way too many hoods in New Jersey that you do not want to get stuck in.

for those who dont know....the thing with joe & gloria it was just a fck, a 'jumpoff' - ha ha pun intended...only that, "he" made it seem like she was sprung or some shit, and their is a dvd where she said he ate her out and he looked all shy and sh*t......i think it was all access dvd.......

other than that cool article.....dont like dude but he talked the truth

SonOf2pac

i'd like to see buddens and lupe collab again... that "don't you know" track was wack and they were just featured on it... maybe on joe's next album :thumb:

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.