Brother Ali - Truth Is EP

ANT stepped it up on this one... but to be honest I wasnt really feeling all of Brother Alis verses. Maybe it'll grow on me, but for sure it doesnt lyrically measure up to his previous releases.

-peace

tHuG $TyLe

Staff member
ANT stepped it up on this one... but to be honest I wasnt really feeling all of Brother Alis verses. Maybe it'll grow on me, but for sure it doesnt lyrically measure up to his previous releases.

-peace
Agreed. I do like a few of the tracks but not alot of replay value as of yet.

yea I'm a lil disappointed cuz I've always anticipated Ali's shit since Shadows on the Sun, and he's never let me down. Althouh eh came with a different style on undisputed truth it still sounded fresh. This, I dont know, I guess I just expected better

Stone_Cold

Ive listened to it a few times over the past 2 days, theres nothing really mind blowing on it, but its still quality and a nice little filler until his next full length.

On the production side of things, Ant brings the heat. I absolutley love the beat on Palm The Joker, love songs with keys like that, pity its only like 2 mins long.

On the DVD he brings out his son Faheem, who says he liked to rap along to sir mix a lot, but Ali didnt allow him and made him change the lyrics, so he wrote a song about books. "I like big books and i cannot lie, i read them all the time" lol The kids got more flow than Wayne!

haha haven't seen the dvd... I always end up copping retail copies of his albums when I see em live.

To me, the dopest beat on the album was Little Rodney.. that shit was funky as hell

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.