Breaking News: Dr. Dre Releases Bishop Lamont From Aftermath

Shadows

Bishop Lamont has been released or dropped from Aftermath Records, the label founded by Dr. Dre.

At press time, the reason for the severance was unknown, but the separation occurred Thursday or Friday, according to sources.

While there is significant speculation, insiders said that Lamont did not see the move coming.

There as been no statement or official response from Lamont, Dr. Dre or Aftermath.

Bishop Lamont, real name Phillip Martin, signed to Dre's Aftermath Records in 2005 after meeting the iconic producer in the set of a video shoot. Lamont had been one of Dr. Dre's most ardent supporters and often served as the reclusive producer's mouthpiece.

Lamont does not presently have a recording home, but rumors have already begun to circulate that he has been courted by 50 Cent and his G-Unit Records. There has been nothing to substantiate those rumors at press time.
AllHipHop.com Daily News - : Breaking News: Dr. Dre Releases Bishop Lamont From Aftermath

If you ask me, either the dude couldn't write a single, or HE was the one leaking the tracks that Eminem and Dre were getting pissed off about.

Looks like Detox might come out sooner now that Dre doesn't have to worry about Bishop.

THEV1LL4N

everyone always claims that bishop gets dropped from aftermath. i think this is like the third time now. he needs to make a release sooner rather than later.

i dont want aftermath to just be em, dre, 50 cent. they need young talent to kickstart things on the label again.

Shadows

Dude, I've been out of it, but I heard after he confirmed he wasn't someone from interscope said he was lying.

Fuck this situation.

kastro

can anyone confirm this for sure?, and wheres your source that someone said from interscope shadows?, nd i dont really care even if he is released he didnt do shit while he was with aftermath and hes songs that i did hear from him suxed

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.