Bow Wow ready to hang up his mic

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Bow Wow ain’t been in the rap game but a minute and already he's looking to bow (wow) out.

It was just yesterday when the youngster announced he was dropping the “Lil” from his rap moniker to signify his transition into manhood. His maturity, the rapper says, also brings with it new interests that are drawing his attention away from recording.

The star of The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift told MTV.com that Hollywood is beckoning, and his upcoming fifth album "might be the last one."

"[If so], we're going to go out with a bang," he said. "It's definitely going to be the biggest album that I've ever done.”

Due sometime around Halloween, the Jermaine Dupri-produced as-yet-untitled set already has a first single. "It features Chris Brown and it's called 'Shorty Like Mine,' so that definitely could be the biggest record of my career," he said.

Describing the album’s style, he says: "I'm going for a more edgy, kinda mature sound. Now that I'm 19, I'm able to talk about a lot of things that I've experienced in my life."

As for acting, Bow Wow says offers are "coming into the office daily so I'm reading, trying to pick the next one. There's actually one in negotiations right now, but they don't want me to say. But definitely get ready to see me in at least two more movies. Last year I promised myself I'd do three movies and this [Tokyo Drift] is one right here."

Pittsey said:
Bow Wow ain’t been in the rap game but a minute and already he's looking to bow (wow) out.

It was just yesterday when the youngster announced he was dropping the “Lil” from his rap moniker to signify his transition into manhood. His maturity, the rapper says, also brings with it new interests that are drawing his attention away from recording.

The star of The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift told MTV.com that Hollywood is beckoning, and his upcoming fifth album "might be the last one."

"[If so], we're going to go out with a bang," he said. "It's definitely going to be the biggest album that I've ever done.”

Due sometime around Halloween, the Jermaine Dupri-produced as-yet-untitled set already has a first single. "It features Chris Brown and it's called 'Shorty Like Mine,' so that definitely could be the biggest record of my career," he said.

Describing the album’s style, he says: "I'm going for a more edgy, kinda mature sound. Now that I'm 19, I'm able to talk about a lot of things that I've experienced in my life."

As for acting, Bow Wow says offers are "coming into the office daily so I'm reading, trying to pick the next one. There's actually one in negotiations right now, but they don't want me to say. But definitely get ready to see me in at least two more movies. Last year I promised myself I'd do three movies and this [Tokyo Drift] is one right here."

hasn't he used this already used line in music on his past two Lps?

FINALLY!!! bout time he realizes he is a better actor than "rapper"..... next maybe he will realize he isnt a good actor... or ball player... come to think of it, is he good at anything?

If he does another "I'm richer than you, so eat my feces" style track, he can go fuck himself. I heard this whiny little bitch kid in his songs talking about how he's so fucking rich. He's a child rap star for fucks sake. He's just an arrogant little asshole, and he can eat a dick. It's funny how he's thinking quitting is for his own good, but in actuallity, he's doing all of us a very big favor.

I know he's not the only rapper who does this, but goddamn this guy irritates the fuck out of me.

ArtsyGirl

It wont be his last album, I promise you that. He might lay off it a while, get into acting more but sooner or later he'll throw some out there for more bucks or fame. Especially if his "last" album does well. I dont care either way.

SonOf2pac

Diaz said:
So you like Bow Wow's music?

Oh yea, nevermind, you're an idiot, of course you do.
actually i did like the song "stick up" from the wild wild west soundtrack when i was a kid... but just cuz nobody on this board likes him doesnt mean he's bad... he's just a pop rapper... and his acting ain't bad neither

SonOf2pac said:
alotta haters up in this bitch... drink a lil more haterade
"I hate you, I hate you, I don't even know you...and I hate your guts. I hope all the bad things in life happen to you, and nobody else but you."
-Silky Johnson at the Player Hater's Ball

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.