have ever imagined and is the base of all the economic
success it achieved since 1865 (when slavery was
abolished). For several hundred years Black men and
women were raped, hung, tourtured at the whim of their
owners and discarded at the bottom of creeks and
rivers throught the south. All the while their free
labor was setting the economic foundation for the
earth we walk on today in North America. When Black
blood soaks into American soil, money sprouts up.

During the Jim Crow, Civil Rights and Black Power
struggles we saw it again. The murders of Malcolm X,
MLK Jr., Medgar Evers, Lil Bobby Hutton, Fred Hampton
and Emmit Till were a source of income yet again. The
media made a lot of money capturing footage of the
struggle for African Americans to be recognized as
equal citizens of this nation. They sell us back the
footage in documentaries and t-shirts. Black America
buys it's own death right back in anyform it can-
accept books.

Now we see it again with Hip Hop. Black death is big
business. We can only speculate how much Interscope
Records has made from the death of Tupac Shakur.
Surely they made was more than when Pac was alive. We
can only wonder how much Arista made after the death
of Norotious B.I.G. Virtually every rap mag makes sure
they can rake in the profits with an annual Pac and
B.I.G. issue. Nevermind the fact that most of these
mags are a CORE REASON these men died. It was in many
respects the irresponsible Hip Hop press that threw
gasoline on the deadly rap flame. Now theres all kinds
of merchadise, t-shirts, hats, cell phone cases etc.
that generate untold millions.

Looking forward, we see blood on the horizon for Game
and 50 Cent. As we sit in the quiet before the storm,
I can only speculate which T-shirt companies have
thier new "RIP Game" and "RIP 50" shirts already
designed. I imagine many of the Hip Hop press outlets
are putting the final touches on their memorial
covers. Anybody with old footage of Game and 50 (pre
or post fame) is making sure the sound is tight and
the clarity of the picture is all in order. DJ's are
making their super duper memorial mixtapes. Radio
keeps pushing idle talk and unfounded rumors about who
said what, did what and when. The feast is being
preppared and Game and 50 are the main course...The
money vultures circle this "beef" looking for their
cut. Whether you are a thug, or just want to look like
one, there is a way you can get you money outta this
feud if you play your cards right.

Often what we miss in America but in Hip Hop
specifically, is that these are real men. The hype can
be blinding at times. But these are men!! Men with
families and histories. They love people, and people
love them back. Hip Hop is just a happenstance of
their journey as Black men on this earth, in this day
that we live. Rap music can no longer be the excuse we
use as to why Black men die in the street. Hip Hop has
gone from a non-violent reaction to racism, economic
and cultural oppression to being a key factor in why
Black women lose their sons. The leaders of the white
corporate run Rap industry are the core culprits in
the shift of the non-violent dynamic to the murderous
one we see today. They have turned their backs to life
affirming rap and chose to promote much of what we see
today on MTV, BET and on the radio outlets across the
planet. Even if Black people were making all the
money- the mindstate is still disgusting.

I have no idea to what degree Game and 50 are furious
at one another. I don't have a clue as to the real
reason they have issues right now. But trust me when I
tell you that there are TV outlets, magazines, t-shirt
companies, cell phone ringtone and film companies are
LITTERALY BANKING ON THEIR DEATH TO MAKE MONEY. Blood
money is the new cash cow of the rap industry. I hope
these brothers wake up. I hope they can squash it it
and just keep it on wax. Because if they don't, Rap
industry vultures will feast on the carcasses of these
Black men- yet again.

Adisa Banjoko is author to the highly controversial
book "Lyrical Swords Vol. 1: Hip Hop and Politics in
the Mix". Buy one today at www.lyricalswords.com

You can hear this guy speak on some important issues in this interview done with Davey D on the anniversary of Biggies death: Interview (props to Thug4Life for posting that in Life)

Thoughts?

I pretty much skimmed it and its logically the opions stated. The article is pretty much true though, but I don't belive this 50 and game shit is going to escolate any futher. But rap industry is making alot of their money as "blood money".

Is this person serious? This is just taking things too far... This article suggests that black men are puppets who are incapable of thinking on they own. I'm sick of this "blame the white man" for all of our problems shit. Fuck this article and fuck the person that wrote it.

EDouble

Will suck off black men for a dime
OxyContin said:
Is this person serious? This is just taking things too far... This article suggests that black men are puppets who are incapable of thinking on they own. I'm sick of this "blame the white man" for all of our problems shit. Fuck this article and fuck the person that wrote it.
i dont think thats at all his points

ArtsyGirl

OxyContin
I dont think that Black men are doing it freely on their own will. I guess in certain situations they are forced with a decision to earn alot of money but sacrafice the quality of music they make and in some cases create dangerous publicity or struggle to create good music but on an independant lable where they may not see the same kind of success as say 50 Cent.
It's obvious by the state of rap in the mainstream arena that Record Companies are only signing artists who can sell a negative image not positive music.

artisticgurl said:
Too long for you guys huh?

so in this case btw fitty and game, DA INDUSTRY HYPED UP FITTY ON WHY HE SHOULD HATE ON GAME?, nah PAC N BIG'S deaths should be a NOW FACT on how you must protect YOURSELF AND YOUR INVESTMENT, from the INDUSTRY!

thanks for the read though artisticgurl

50 n game dont gotta worry bout the government takin them out cuz they dont have messages in they songs for a better day Pac did!!!the us government killed Pac like they did Malcolm,Martin,Edgar ,Emmitt and all the rest cuz they r Black Revolutionary!!!Dont get it twisted street niggaz n thugz r comin 4 50 n Game. The government made it seem like Nation killed Malcolm but they were apart of it too but made it seem like niggaz killin niggaz who gives a fuck?Then it happen to Pac n Big.Pac was sayin what Malcolm n them were sayin they couldnt really handle it this time cuz mostly we all got guns ,Pac was startin a Revolution they aint want that.so they had what they call it a rap war "East vs West coast which they were fillin Pac n Big head bout them bein enimies the media started it!!Pac got shot the 1st time cuz his manger wanted him to join Bad Boy (remeber Pac was also persued by DR 2) he wanted yo stand on his own u see he left DU.Mobb Deep braggin they shot Pac they didnt!!!!So when Pac was in jail he was scared cuz he knew peeples was after him (he aint no bitch thats 4 sure!!!).So he joined the Row where they would (he thought they would) him from gettin shot again.Sugar knIght is a snitch he workin wit the government he know who killed Pac n Big OH P Dildo part of it too.Ineva seen some1 walkin round jail so free n lovin life like Sugar on Biggie n Pac dvd.Neva!!!"i know who killed him but i aint a police that aint my job"Thats a Suge quote he may not said what all i said but he said somethin like that.They wanted again to look like niggaz killin niggaz which happen Pac n Big killaz was black n they got help from the government y yall think Orlando Anderson died he was on the verge of snitchin.he was on tv to much so kill him too ,Big they were like we wanna make this a real sad thing n keep it goin to make it look like it was War!!!Pac n Big loved each other i seen interviews were they mention they might diss each other i still felt they had love 4 one anotha but it was the peep in their ear tellin "no fuck him"!!!US government is very shady .Yall ever hear of Immunati fuck them they killin all my peeople who were tryin to make a good difference n make it better not just 4 us Blacks but all minorites who keep gettin shitted on by this racist usa!!!!50 n Game have no worries all they rap bout is bitches gettin money(nothin wrong wit that) n killin niggaz i have a big problem wit that!!!!

ArtsyGirl

2pacthuglawzjer said:
50 n game dont gotta worry bout the government takin them out cuz they dont have messages in they songs for a better day Pac did!!!the us government killed Pac like they did Malcolm,Martin,Edgar ,Emmitt and all the rest cuz they r Black Revolutionary!!!Dont get it twisted street niggaz n thugz r comin 4 50 n Game. The government made it seem like Nation killed Malcolm but they were apart of it too but made it seem like niggaz killin niggaz who gives a fuck?Then it happen to Pac n Big.Pac was sayin what Malcolm n them were sayin they couldnt really handle it this time cuz mostly we all got guns ,Pac was startin a Revolution they aint want that.so they had what they call it a rap war "East vs West coast which they were fillin Pac n Big head bout them bein enimies the media started it!!Pac got shot the 1st time cuz his manger wanted him to join Bad Boy (remeber Pac was also persued by DR 2) he wanted yo stand on his own u see he left DU.Mobb Deep braggin they shot Pac they didnt!!!!So when Pac was in jail he was scared cuz he knew peeples was after him (he aint no bitch thats 4 sure!!!).So he joined the Row where they would (he thought they would) him from gettin shot again.Sugar knIght is a snitch he workin wit the government he know who killed Pac n Big OH P Dildo part of it too.Ineva seen some1 walkin round jail so free n lovin life like Sugar on Biggie n Pac dvd.Neva!!!"i know who killed him but i aint a police that aint my job"Thats a Suge quote he may not said what all i said but he said somethin like that.They wanted again to look like niggaz killin niggaz which happen Pac n Big killaz was black n they got help from the government y yall think Orlando Anderson died he was on the verge of snitchin.he was on tv to much so kill him too ,Big they were like we wanna make this a real sad thing n keep it goin to make it look like it was War!!!Pac n Big loved each other i seen interviews were they mention they might diss each other i still felt they had love 4 one anotha but it was the peep in their ear tellin "no fuck him"!!!US government is very shady .Yall ever hear of Immunati fuck them they killin all my peeople who were tryin to make a good difference n make it better not just 4 us Blacks but all minorites who keep gettin shitted on by this racist usa!!!!50 n Game have no worries all they rap bout is bitches gettin money(nothin wrong wit that) n killin niggaz i have a big problem wit that!!!!
I think you may have missed the point of the article. In which I think it means the industry likes the controversy of two or more rappers beefing with each other to the extent it may turn bloody. It actually makes money, so Record Companies and the industry push for it and dont take the precautions to stop it before its too late. You know business' dont have consciences.

good read but as for 50 and games beef goin much further i highly doubt it ......... i mean common chances of it being a publicity stunt are pretty damn high.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.