Black Child The Inc - New Album 'ghetto Gospel' Yukmoth West Coast Interesting Read !

props to dermo from mio
u can also listen to the interview

After writing rhymes and testing them in ciphers in the joint, Black Child debuted with a hardcore flow on Ja Rule’s “Holla Holla” remix. His performance alongside Caddillac Tah, Busta Rhymes, Jay Z, Memphis Bleek and Vita proved he could hold it down among some of the industry’s biggest names. Later appearances included spitting bars on “Venni, Vetti, Vecci,”
Sticky Fingaz’ album “Black Trash” and Funk Flex’s “Live at the Tunnel Part 2”. Also a part of the Murderers, Black Child is now dropping a solo album on the label that first put him on, Murder Inc.

WWS MAG: Black Child, lets go back to the beginning man, where were you originally born and raised?
I was born in Brooklyn and raised in Queens and Brooklyn bouncin’ back and fourth. So, I be reppin’ Brooklyn sometimes, but I was raised in Queens though. I moved out there with my mom and grandmother and that’s how it all started.
How did you click up with Irv Gotti and Ja Rule?
Ja was my people from the hood. Once I moved to Queens I, met Ja. It was a while back like fifteen or sixteen years ago. We were just clickin’ and we were really young. We used to be rappin’ in the hallways while we were doing our thing in the streets. Then I got incarcerated. After I got incarcerated, I came home and just went straight to Ja, and then I went to Irv Gotti and I signed with The Inc because I had knew them before I had gotten locked up. Before I was locked up, I was actually signed with Jam Master Jay, but due to my incarceration it didn’t really formulate. So I just came home and being that I knew them (Murder Inc Records) before I went in, I came home and just hollered at them. They kept it trill with the kid, you know what I mean?
What was the very first song you’ve ever done with the Murder Inc roster?
“Yeah we here now! Don’t get scarred now! Ja Rule bout’ to tear shit down!” That joint right there off the first Ja Rule album “Venni Vetti Vecci.” That was the first one I did when I came on. That was one of the last songs I wrote before I left jail, and that was actually the first one I recorded once I touched down. Then the “Holla, Holla Remix” was the first official single I was on.
What made Irv Gotti feel that you had what I took to join the Murder Inc Family?
Basically, he was feeling how I was spittin’ those bars before I went to prison. As a matter of fact, before I went to prison, I had done a song with Ja that he was going to release on TVT called the “Cash Murda Click” album. I had a verse in there with Ja and DMX. That was like 1994 when we recorded that. In 1994 I had recorded a song with me, Hov, X, Ja and Jodi Mack. From there he (Irv Gotti) was feeling it, but I got locked up and there was really nothing that could pop. So, when I came home, he asked me if I was still rappin’ and still spittin’. I had spit something for him, and he cut me a check right then and there. It’s been Murder ever since.
Tell me how you, Ja Rule, Cadillac Tah, and Vita came together as The Murderers. How did that happen?
Gotti formulated that because he was looking for a way to introduce his new artists. The world had already got a piece of Ja from the things he was doing with Hov and his solo career with Def Jam. So, once he got the label Murder Inc, he came up with The Murderers as a group, as all of us. He introduced us to the world with Ja being the front-man because the world was more familiar with him. Basically, Gotti put the group together so we could do some songs with Ja, and at the same time get our exposure and get known. You know what I mean?
Aside from your records with Murder Inc., what other projects and albums are you involved with?
I was involved in a lot of soundtracks. I can’t think of all of them off the top, but I know I was in the “Exit Wounds” jump-off and also on the “White Boys” soundtrack. I did something on Sticky’s album a while back. I got a joint with Trina right now that is about to pop off. It will be my first single. I also got a few songs with Tony Sunshine. I work with a lot of people. Shout out to Pedey Crack. We’re supposed to put some things together. I just did some things for Mr. Cheeks from The Lost Boyz. So I’m definitely working. I’ve definitely been working and continuing. I’m also forming my group which consists of me and my people from the hood. I can’t leave nobody behind in this game you heard?
Black Child, tell me about your debut album. It’s called “In Da Streets” am I right? Naw naw, it’s called “Ghetto Gospel.” In Da Streets is the name of my studio that I got in the hood. I was going to call the album “Ghetto Gospel.” That is the title that I came up with a long time ago when I was in prison. Actually, I had changed the title a few times, but right now I’m back to that because it covers the scoop for everything. I’ve always considered myself a religious thug. So, I figured that’ll cover up the whole scoop where I’d be able to give up some insights to the people, some songs that can benefit the mind and motivate people to get in the groove of life and make something happen for them. Then at the same time, the ghetto side is the street side where I’m going to reach out to the streets and talk with them through the music. I’m just trying to make a complete package of music without leaving out any areas, where nobody feels left out; the streets to the suburban area.
Can you tell me who is going to be appearing on this album?
The first single is scheduled to be released with me and Trina. It’s called “The Poker.” Right now, I got Tony Sunshine on there. I’m trying to get my boy Pedey Crack on there. The whole Murder Inc family as well: Ja, Ashanti. I had a joint with Ashanti not too long ago too. And, we’ve got a remix right now with Ashanti, Dipset (Cam’ron and Santana), me and Ja. I’m looking to do a few more collaborations, but I really want to stand on my own on this album too, without too much industry support. A lot people, on their first project, have a lot of industry support, but it doesn’t live up to their expectations. So, I’m definitely trying to hold it down myself and let them know I can deliver fire.
What’s the current situation with Murder Inc Records right now? Is it still a running label?
Yes, definitely, definitely. They’re trying to shut us down, but we’re still up and operating. I was in the office Monday and Tuesday handling some things. We just got some vinyl in for “Turn It Up, Burn It Up,” a solo song that I’ve got out there. We’re going to start sending that vinyl to DJ’s so they could burn that in the club and hopefully on the airwaves or wherever they feel fits. We’re still functioning, you know what I mean? They can’t just shut you down over allegations; it has to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt.
Where do you see yourself a year from now?
I see myself doing television, movies, films as well as doing the music and soundtracks. I see myself behind the scenes, producing. I’ve got a lot going on this year. So, next year I definitely see myself at a executive CEO level. I’ll be a lot behind the scenes, but still being up front with it.
Will you be having any collaboration with any west coast artists?
I’ve had something with my boy Crooked I and Eastwood in the past. As you just mentioned it, it came to mind, but I’m definitely looking forward to getting something from the west coast. Do you know any hot west coast rappers over there?
Man, you need to holla at Yukmouth.
Yeah I wanted to holler at Yuk for real. I heard one of his joints and his video. I was feeling how he put it down. I bumped heads a few times with Yuk when I was in Los Angeles, but that would definitely be a real good collaboration. I think the streets would appreciate that.
How do you feel about the ongoing beef that has been going on between 50 Cent and Ja Rule?
I know 50 personally, and I know he’s a coward and a snitch. It’s like when you’re involved in a confrontation with an individual, it’s only so far that you can take it. Honestly, I believe 50 Cent has put this whole investigation in everything; all these allegations that he’s made and the songs is what the cops are looking into. That beef I don’t want to discuss too much. Even though it died down, people are still going to have something to say at one point or another especially after something new is said. Somebody else will have to reply. The feds are trying to shut us down, they got us hot right now, but it ain’t nothing man. We’re survivors and strugglers that came from the streets and we’re going to make it happen and keep going hard.

Black Child The Inc - New Album 'ghetto Gospel' Yukmoth West Coast Interesting Re

good read
lol @ the comment he made about 50 haha
thanks for the intervie!

Hes right people are still gonna say something about the beef and thats me. Man this is biting to the fullest. Hes gonna call his album ghetto gospel. WTF is wrong with murder inc. Why are they suck biters?

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Good read. Interesting that hed work with Yuk.

I guess he does know 50 though, seeing as they both ran with JMJ back in the day.

MAKaveli_10 said:
Hes right people are still gonna say something about the beef and thats me. Man this is biting to the fullest. Hes gonna call his album ghetto gospel. WTF is wrong with murder inc. Why are they suck biters?
Black Child, tell me about your debut album. It’s called “In Da Streets” am I right? Naw naw, it’s called “Ghetto Gospel.” In Da Streets is the name of my studio that I got in the hood. I was going to call the album “Ghetto Gospel.” That is the title that I came up with a long time ago when I was in prison. Actually, I had changed the title a few times, but right now I’m back to that because it covers the scoop for everything. I’ve always considered myself a religious thug. So, I figured that’ll cover up the whole scoop where I’d be able to give up some insights to the people, some songs that can benefit the mind and motivate people to get in the groove of life and make something happen for them. Then at the same time, the ghetto side is the street side where I’m going to reach out to the streets and talk with them through the music. I’m just trying to make a complete package of music without leaving out any areas, where nobody feels left out; the streets to the suburban area.

:rolleyes:

Black Child The Inc - New Album 'ghetto Gospel' Yukmoth West Coast Interesting Re

good read i hope he does do a track with yuk should be good, probably should of stuck with the album name in da streets though

Lok said:
E Moe - Ghetto Gospel ([highlight]Released in 2000[/highlight])

when did pac 'coin' it ?
no one apart from nas mades a stink bout jay z using the blueprint.

anyway maybe thats wat ja meant in new york 'and rule gon brang the ghetto gospel to every hood possible' ?

id like to hear that 1994 track withhim ja x hov and jody mack, sounds like a tight one. and the eastwood crooked i songs :D

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.