Bishop Lamont interview I jacked

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
In a rescent interview between Aftermaths "Bishop Lamont" and Aftermath Music, Lamont talked about his music, mixtapes, and much more.

He described how Dr.Dre came about on signing him to Aftermath Entertainment with, "It’s like a fucking movie, man ha-ha. I had my mix-tape “Who I Gotta Kill to Get a Record Deal” and my boy Floyd got the tape to Kanye West and Common. Kanye loved it and Common gave me his blessings so they tried to hook it up with Kanye. Game was doing the video for “Dreams” so my boy Glasses helped get me and my boy DJ Rampage on to the video shoot, but it turns out Kanye cancelled and didn’t show. I’m burnt from being down there for like eight hours, demo in pocket, and now no Kanye. Next thing I know who’s stepping out of a trailer but the good doc himself. I’m thinking like, fuck it I got to make all the risks we took to get in here and time count. So I ask my boy Delaney to introduce me to Dre. Delaney goes above beyond and says to Dre this is Bishop Lamont the next big thing coming out the west, I’m like damn that’s a lot on it, but fuck it, ha-ha-ha. Dre gives me the once over and says u got some hot shit? I’m like I think it’s hot. He asks for a CD. I had given my last new CD of material to Delaney. Without blinking Delaney gives Dre the CD I had given him. Dre looked at me and said he was going to blast it in his car right away on his way home to “wifey”. I was like yeah right, he’ll probably throw it out the window, ha-ha… but sure enough he was on power 106 a few weeks later for his birthday saying he was interested in working with me. "

Bishop also metioned that him and Dre have finally started to work on DETOX! and that they are taking the time to make it one of the greatest albums ever, which will be followed by Lamonts album, titled "The Reformation"

Other albums you expect to hear Bishop on in the '06 are Busta's "Big-Bang" & Stat Quo's "Statlanta".

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.