"Bill O'Reilly Blast Virginia Tech President Over Rapper Nas"

linx

Staff member
http://youtube.com/watch?v=EwDV1z6hqLs

I wanna see what you all think of this, that's why I posted it. I'm also not sure how many of you have heard about it. O'Reilly is basically saying that Nas shouldn't be performing at the Virginia Tech concert. He brings up a few of Nas' songs such as Shoot Em Up, Got Ya Self A Gun, Ether and Thief's Theme. Obviously he mentions guns in each song and O'Reilly doesn't think having him there is appropriate. He then brings up the fact that Nas has a gun charge on his record.

He has a point about the lyrics, but I think he's trying too hard when he brings up the gun charge. It doesn't mean Nas is a fucking killer or that he even carrys a gun. He doesn't know what happened with that. Was he there? Does he KNOW it was infact Nas' gun? Even if it was (which it probably was), how does that have anything to do with this? Having that on your record doesn't mean you're forever gonna be packing a gun.

As for Nas performing there, i'm not sure. Those songs he brought up definitely made Nas look bad. To people who don't know Nas (such as O'Reilly), they're gonna look at him like some gangsta rapper who's a stupid douchebag. Little do they know.. Nas aint all about that. I think he COULD perform.. depending on the songs he does. I very much doubt he'd be stupid enough to do anything involving gun lyrics anyway.

He wouldn't be the best choice as far as a Hip Hop artist goes, but he's one of the most popular. Oh by the way, O'Reilly says that the student newspaper don't want Nas performing either.

Your thoughts?

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.