Bill Cosby criticizes hip-hop

Veteran actor and comedian Bill Cosby lashed out at hip-hop while giving a speech as part of a programme about fatherhood organised by Coppin State University.

On August 22nd Cosby spent the last five minutes of his speech attacking the values of modern mainstream rap to the audience at Hertiage United Church of Christ in Northwest Baltimore.

"They put the word 'nigga' in a song, and we get up and dance to it," Cosby said. "They think they're hip. They can't read; they can't write. They're laughing and giggling, and they're going nowhere."

Cosby also expressed views about teenage pregnancy, education and fatherhood during the event which was organised to encourage black males to take responsibility for themselves and for their children.

They played his speech on my local news, and I still had no idea exactly what his intenions are. He's saying "they" but who's they? And everytime he talked I was expecting him to say "Have some Jello pudding pops!"

EDouble

Will suck off black men for a dime

Throw it up muthafucka throw it up
throw it up - where u from? Throw It Up
If You Scared To Throw It Up Get The Fuck Out The Club

goymz said:
Veteran actor and comedian Bill Cosby lashed out at hip-hop while giving a speech as part of a programme about fatherhood organised by Coppin State University.

On August 22nd Crosby spent the last five minutes of his speech attacking the values of modern mainstream rap to the audience at Hertiage United Church of Christ in Northwest Baltimore.

"They put the word 'nigga' in a song, and we get up and dance to it," Cosby said. "They think they're hip. They can't read; they can't write. They're laughing and giggling, and they're going nowhere."

Crosby also expressed views about teenage pregnancy, education and fatherhood during the event which was organised to encourage black males to take responsibility for themselves and for their children.
said crosby instead of cosby multiple times lol... and yeah first thing i noticed looked like he was throwin up a gang sign...

SonOf2pac

nah he's talkin about the rap that glorifies the life in the ghetto... the rap that creates wiggers and promotes thugs to keep buying clothing and jewelry instead of going to school and getting a degree and movin outta the ghetto... fuckin' pisses me off...

I hate to say this, but I agree with Bill Cosby. What was the last intelligent HIP HOP album ya'll listened too? Was there anything positive that came out of the lyrics? I am not saying that we should start listening to "Gospel Rap" or "Islamic Hip Hop", but hip hop has gone down the drain. Groups like D4L, Da Franchise Boyz...we can't deny that not not only has the quality of hip hop/rap music gone down, BUT the content is bull shit. Artists are walking advertisments for things the normal ghetto child can't purchase. No disrespect to the bay artists, but using words like HYPHY, STUPID and DUMB does not promote anything positive!!!

ON the OTHER HAND, BILL COSBY will never be able to relate to us youth, WHETHER AFRICAN AMERICAN, OR NOT. He just criticizes folks withouth providing any solutions or actual guidance, which causes people to rebel against their doctorine. Kind of like us rebelling against our parents. Al SHarpton, DOlores Tucker are cut from the same cloth, as Cosby. Sharpton got mad about the Boondocks episode relating to Martin Luther King Jr, which was actually a very intelligent, and hillarious, episode! (WATCH IT ON YOUTUBE YA'LL). Dont' discount, and underestimate, the intelligence of the the youth, Mr. Cosby. Math, Science, Grammar are all important things, BUT, social problems go way deeper than superficial finger pointing, ie blaming rap music.

dude786 said:
I hate to say this, but I agree with Bill Cosby. What was the last intelligent HIP HOP album ya'll listened too? Was there anything positive that came out of the lyrics? I am not saying that we should start listening to "Gospel Rap" or "Islamic Hip Hop", but hip hop has gone down the drain. Groups like D4L, Da Franchise Boyz...we can't deny that not not only has the quality of hip hop/rap music gone down, BUT the content is bull shit. Artists are walking advertisments for things the normal ghetto child can't purchase. No disrespect to the bay artists, but using words like HYPHY, STUPID and DUMB does not promote anything positive!!!

ON the OTHER HAND, BILL COSBY will never be able to relate to us youth, WHETHER AFRICAN AMERICAN, OR NOT. He just criticizes folks withouth providing any solutions or actual guidance, which causes people to rebel against their doctorine. Kind of like us rebelling against our parents. Al SHarpton, DOlores Tucker are cut from the same cloth, as Cosby. Sharpton got mad about the Boondocks episode relating to Martin Luther King Jr, which was actually a very intelligent, and hillarious, episode! (WATCH IT ON YOUTUBE YA'LL). Dont' discount, and underestimate, the intelligence of the the youth, Mr. Cosby. Math, Science, Grammar are all important things, BUT, social problems go way deeper than superficial finger pointing, ie blaming rap music.
Amen... :) :thumb:

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.