big's GH

FroDawgg

so i remembered today that BIG's Greatest Hits came out, so i went to pick it up. i mean i already have all of his albums but it's good to have one comprehensive collection of his singles (not all of his best songs were singles, but some were). plus there were 2 "new" songs and, from what i had a heard, a bonus dvd. all this is incentive to pick this up, right?

wrong.

first, there was no dvd. i was really expecting the videos or some other bonus material.

second, the 2 "new" songs were released on a bonus disc with Duets back in '05. granted, i didn't get the version with the bonus disc, but i'm not paying just for two extra songs on a bonus disc that i can probably find for cheaper on ebay.

finally, if i want a collection of all his hits, which usually means singles, include all of the singles. there were two notable omissions from the cd: mo money mo problems and sky's the limit. mo money is undoubtedly one of his GREATEST hits (a lot of you might debate the song itself, but you cannot deny its popularity). sky's the limit was not a chart-topper or club-banger but it was better than a few of the choices on here.

if they would have gotten rid of a few songs, they could've easily included these. songs on there that weren't even singles (that i know of): who shot ya, ten crack commandments, notorious thugs, unbelievable, n's bleed, and f u tonight (which was a b-side). those are all great songs, except for the last one, but they're not singles.

if they're gonna omit some singles, they def shouldn't be the two i mentioned. nasty girl is just horrible and notorious b.i.g. is def not anywhere near mo money and sky's the limit.

also, they should have included party and bullshit (if they could have cleared it), b/c that is not available on any of his albums. that would have been a sure selling point for me.

all in all, bad boy royally fucked up on this one.

FroDawgg

Snowman said:
i was told theres 2 new unreleased songs on there.. is it true?
they're unreleased unless you picked up the limited edition of Duets. they are "want that old thing back" and "running your mouth".

I already have these songs from his albums so no reason for me to buy it. They really shoulda included a dvd or a OG or 2 or something.. Then I probaly would check it out..

Yea Sky's The Limit is probaly one of Big's best songs imo.. Dunno why it wasnt on the GH.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.