Biggie: Duets

What do yall think of this album? A lot of people are callin it garbage. My only complaint is 2Pac's verse on the mix of House of Pain. The beats are fire. The appearances are great. It seems like every rapper on here is trying to spit the shit of their careers, I'm really feeling this album.

My automatic favorites on this album are Whatchu Want (ft. Jay-Z), Get Your Grind On (Ft. Big Pun, Fat Joe, Freeway), Living The Life (ft. Snoop, Luda, Faith Evans, Cheri Dennis, & Bobby Valentino), Living In Pain (ft. 2Pac, Mary J. Blige, & Nas), I'm Wit Whateva (Ft. Lil Wayne, Juelz Santana, & Jim Jones), Beef (Ft. Mobb Deep), Hustlers Story (Ft. Scarface, Akon, & Big Gee), Breakin Old Habits (Ft. TI & Slim Thug), Hold Your Head (Ft. Bob Marley), Just a Memory (Ft. Clipse), Wake Up Now (Ft. Korn)

thats practically the whole album. idk why but i'm really vibin to this shit. its great as far as putting Biggie on the map with today's artists & he's still outshining bout everybody - but this shit sounds good. it sounds a hell of a lot better than born again.

did u hear about the Ja Rule song that got cut out of the album...its called "I want that old Thing Back".

Not feeling the album its not me, too many apprences (yes i know its called duets, its the whole damn point, but i dont like it,big woop wanna fight about it?) . Whats the point of this album other than to make others more popular? how many new verses are on this shit n e way?

that album was awful, worst than loyal to the game.

How the fuck do u put jim jones and juelz santana on a b.i.g. album?

they coulda at least molded it like they did wit Big L's Big Picture album

Big Picture >>>> Born Again >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Duets

HiGhTillDeaTH said:
did u hear about the Ja Rule song that got cut out of the album...its called "I want that old Thing Back".
I got that one, it came on a bonus disc that is only included with copies of Duets from Target. It has another song on it, I forgot who is on it but I think Snoop was one of them. I'll look at it later.

DeeezNuuuts83 said:
I got that one, it came on a bonus disc that is only included with copies of Duets from Target. It has another song on it, I forgot who is on it but I think Snoop was one of them. I'll look at it later.
yeah most definalatley, get back at me i really wanna hear that shit

2pacnbiggie said:
that album was awful, worst than loyal to the game.

How the fuck do u put jim jones and juelz santana on a b.i.g. album?

they coulda at least molded it like they did wit Big L's Big Picture album

Big Picture >>>> Born Again >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Duets
it wasnt worse than loyal to the game.... loyal to the games beats didnt match the vocals.at least diddy didnt fuck up and distort biggies voice on duets or change his words to shout out eminem like eminem did on loyal to the game.

i like duets, i think the cd is good minus 2 songs i think, i would have to give it another listen to name them cuz i forget off the top, but i think it was more solid than loyal to the game by far

First off, Im one of those people that enjoyed loyal to the game, and personally, I'm feeling about half the songs on this album. So its not bad, some of em I can really get into, the beats are sorta lacking, and personally, Biggie isn't really that great in my eyes. But hes decent, and the album is coming off fairly nice so far, I dunno why it is soo looked down upon either.

************* said:
it wasnt worse than loyal to the game.... loyal to the games beats didnt match the vocals.at least diddy didnt fuck up and distort biggies voice on duets or change his words to shout out eminem like eminem did on loyal to the game.
i still it think it was worst, they didnt take any 2pac verses from all eyes on me and me against the world to make tha album, alot of the stuff on loyal to the game was new ...that biggie shit, most of it we've heard already for 10 years except for the beats and featured artists :fury:

i'd take distorted vocals wit new verses over recycled verses from classic albums

HiGhTillDeaTH said:
Not feeling the album its not me, too many apprences (yes i know its called duets, its the whole damn point, but i dont like it,big woop wanna fight about it?) .
LMAO

sounded allright to me. something to throw in the car, nothing to take too seriously. one thing that pissed me off is that this is a biggie album. and whose the first person to rap? eminem. guy has so much influence now a days

only feelin spit yo game. thats practically it, oh and the jayz joint and the ti and slim thug joint. so 3 songs outta 20 sumthin.......lol.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
I really liked the idea of the Biggie Duets album. They used a good selection of producers and music styles. They got a load of good guests. It was supposed to be good!

It didn't work. I guess it just shows that if the artists is dead is just so hard to get their lyrics to fit your vision and end up with the correct tempo and pitch.

Is Biggie even in two of the songs? I just listened to it, and I swear he's not in the Eminem song or the Lil Wayne song. Maybe I just heard wrong, though.

Anyway, this CD had its moments, but it's more like a glorified mixtape than anything. Too many recycled verses. If they would have called it something like "We Invented the Remix 2", or something, then I would have enjoyed it more, since I would have been expecting remixed verses.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.