Big Syke's lawsuit over B.I.G murder accusations by FOX and XXL dismissed

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Rapper and founding member of Tupac Shakur's Thug Life group, Big Syke (Tyruss Himes), has had a law suit he brought against Fox Television and XXL Magazine dismissed by a Superior Court Judge in Los Angeles.

Syke filed a defamation of character lawsuit in July 2006 in which he claimed that in July of 2005 Fox's local KTTV television station wrongfully accused him of being involved in the unsolved murder of The Notorious BIG (Christopher Wallace); who was gunned down in Los Angeles March 1997.

Later in October 2005, XXL Magazine ran a similar story that accused Big Syke of helping Death Row CEO Suge Knight assemble a squad of hit men to murder B.I.G in retaliation for the September 1996 murder of Tupac.

Big Syke has denied the stories have any truth and says that he had "absolutely no involvement with the murder of Mr. Wallace." The law suit claimed that the accusations cost the rapper a "lucrative" recording deal with Treacherous Records.

The Superior Court Judge dismissed the lawsuit on the grounds that both Fox and XXL's stories were protected under the United States' Constitutional freedom of speech act and that there was no evidence to suggest the media outlets acted maliciously or recklessly disregarded the truth.

"We are appreciative of the time and effort the court put into reviewing the case," Sykes' attorney, Arthur G. Lesmez told the Associated Press. "We're understandably disappointed in the decision and we're evaluating all of our options."

Rukas said:
The Superior Court Judge dismissed the lawsuit on the grounds that both Fox and XXL's stories were protected under the United States' Constitutional freedom of speech act and that there was no evidence to suggest the media outlets acted maliciously or recklessly disregarded the truth.
What a fucking crock of shit. These guys have a right to freedom of speech which leads to freedom to slander somebody and faulse accusations but the rest of the world doesn't have any kind of right to freedom of speech?

Secondly I had no idea the media even implicated syke in the muder of biggie.This is the first I heard of it. Then again I don't read XXL and have never seen syke on fox but how in the hell and why would Syke of all people, be in any way involved in biggies murder.
How gay.

Syke deserves justice....and I also think that it's fucked up he lost a record contract over this bs too.

and to whomever commented above me, Sadly yes you can get fired and or lose a contract and mess up your career over faulse accusations.

GuRu

What's done in the dark will come to light.

One day.

What about Sylvester Stallone's ambitions to make a movie bout these two unsolved murders?

No one has the balls to come forward with the truth.

Feds or cops are probably behind it.

U can add Rolling Stone. They made a same kind of implication in their story last year about Biggies murder. They were talking about some guy named "Big Sykes".

GuRu said:
What's done in the dark will come to light.

One day.

What about Sylvester Stallone's ambitions to make a movie bout these two unsolved murders?

No one has the balls to come forward with the truth.

Feds or cops are probably behind it.
That was on the news not to long ago. I think it was literally ordered to stop that project "or else". Well that's according to the news anyways.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.