Big L's murder

Bobby Sands

I always thought it was a matter of L being killed as revenge for something his brother had done. The killer couldnt get to Big Lee(Big L's brother) because he was in jail at the time, so he just killed Big L instead. Yesterday, i was looking for more information on the circumsances surrounding his death and i came across these theories on biglonline.com:

The facts are undisputed, however, the explanation is indefinite. What was the reason for the death of Lamont Coleman? The answer is simple: no one willing to tell knows. The theories of his death go from glamourous gangland warfare to a random mistaken identity. One story, as told by an ancient Source Magazine, involved Big L himself as a key figure in an infamous Harlem murder. It would be a case of conflict within the NFL (Niggas For Life) crew, of which all people in this story were members. In this theory Gerard Woodleys good friend, simply known as Reggie was gunned down under the instruction of Big Lee aka Leroy Phinazee, one of Ls two brothers. The night Reggie was gunned down, L supposedly placed a large gold chain around Reggies neck, as he continued to say, You look ill in that. The shooter was instructed to blast the guy wearing the gold chain. The crime unfolded as planned and eventually word came to Woodley that Lee was the mastermind. As a result Woodley made a plan to kill Lee, however, since Lee was in jail at the time, he was untouchable. In Gerards mind he planned to do the next best thing, murder L himself. Note that this is a theory, and the truth behind it is uncertain; also note that L never had a criminal record.

Other stories of L's death involve unknown beefs between Woodley and Lee, unrelated to Big L. These stories involve, drugs, money, and robbery. Keep in mind that Woodley, Lee and L were all in the NFL crew, and had all been seemingly good friends. The original theory was that Big Ls murder was a mistaken identity, this because L had no known enemies. The mistaken identity theory can be dismissed because the identified shooter was in the same street crew as L. As you know no one has ever been charged Ls slaying (Woodley was released because the state felt there was not sufficient evidence), therefore, no one has legally been held accountable, like the killers of other fallen emcees such as Biggie and Pac, Ls killer is still at large.
The first one is interesting. I never thought Big L would have been involved in shit like that but it is just a theory. Another interesting things is that Big L's killer is still at large. It is widely believed that Gerald Woodley killed Big L. I had thought that he was serving time for the murder of Big L. The case is still unsolved.

Casey

Staff member
It fucking sucks man. What I heard was that Jay-Z was going to sign L to Roc-A-Fella. It makes sense since Jay-Z featured on Big L's 'Da Graveyard' back in '94, two years before Reasonable Doubt came out, not to mention the legendary 7-minute freestyle the two of them did.

Shadows

Nah, it was heat in passion. I don't believe these theories. No one was after anyone.

Anyone with heat can go for someone in jail...trust me.

Therefore, he probably pissed someone off and they reacted Boyz N Da Hood style.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.