BET Honors, Usher, Cassie, Master P

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
Alicia Keys was one of the honorees at this weekend’s taping of the first annual BET Honors at the Warner Theater in Washington, DC. The music superstar, honored for her work with KeepAChildAlive.org and other charities, was among honorees in business, media, education, public service and entertainment. Tyra Banks, Dr. Cornel West, Richard Parsons, entrepreneur Janice Bryant Howroyd and the Honorable Maxine Waters were also honored. Musicians Stevie Wonder, Brian McKnight, Wyclef Jean, Raheem DeVaughan, Jill Scott, Gladys Knight and John Legend were on hand to pay musical tribute to the honorees. The show, hosted by Cedric The Entertainer, will air on Friday, February 22nd, 2008 at 8 p.m. (ET/PT).

After father-and-son rappers Master P and Romeo spent Christmas with Food on Foot in Los Angeles, CA, P was motivated to bring the non-profit organization to his native New Orleans. Food on Foot provides clothing, meals, and job training for those in need “This is probably one of the best organizations I’ve ever been a part of,” Master P said in a statement. “Food on Foot helps those in New Orleans that need it the most.” According to Associated Press, residents and business owners of the city have filed more than 489,000 claims against the federal government for not adequately responding to the 2005 storm. For more information on Food on Foot, visit www.foodonfoot.org.

Though she has yet to determine a title, model-turned-singer Cassie has a release date (May 20th, 2008) and several completed tracks for her sophomore effort. She considers her follow-up to 2006’s self-titled debut to be more revealing of the now 21-year-old. “I guess I grew up a lot but I’m still in essence the same person,” she told Billboard.com. “Lots has changed in my life, stuff that has made me think about things differently. I’m more vulnerable and you can hear my vocals better this time around. There’s real emotion and a much realer connection with my fans.”

The website also reports that singer Usher is readying his next release. “He has been taking a pretty long time to put it out, but I think he’s ready now,” long-time collaborator Jermaine Dupri told Billboard.com about the newlywed. “The last couple times I’ve been around [him], you could tell he’s got the bug to hurry up and put this record out. He wants to get back out here and give the people that. He’s got that itch.” Usher’s last full-length release was 2004’s Confessions.

Source: BET.com

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.