Non-Urban Music Ben Harper

ArtsyGirl

So went to see the man himself last night. Started off with a few songs from the new album and a few oldies.. But the night really kicked into gear bout half way through, the crowd obviously loosing it for the classics. Someone held up a sign saying "Juan Nelson is my dad" (Bass Player) so Ben took the sign and put it on stage and said "well that makes you and me Brothers." He didnt speak often so the few times he did it was a treat :hungry: .. So The Innocent Criminals and Ben Harper said their goodbyes and left the stage, yet the House lights didnt come on so we knew the Encore was on.. He came out alone and did some solo acoustic which I LOVED a few of the songs from Live From Mars CD and at one point the manliest sounding guy screams out "I love this song Benny, Play it" and you could see Ben was holding back the laughter while settling into a serious song :laugh: Then the Band came back played a few songs and left again, and came back again and rocked the place out with Burn One Down (and the smoke told me they did).. Settled with Steal My Kisses which everybody was waiting for and finished with Better Way. Great concert, I suggest anyone slightly interested in Ben Harpers music catch the next show.. I know I will be.

Heres a pic from the night, the only one I could get since I didnt want my camera taken.. Its a bit dark but oh well:

ArtsyGirl

For some reason I think you live in Aus, but maybe not. Anyway he was on a morning show here and said he's going to move here! :D That'd be cool, but yeah he tours alot so I'm sure wherever you are you'd be able to catch him.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.