Beanie Sigels stepfather is killed in what is presumed to be a gangland execution.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Beanie Sigel's stepfather was found dead the morning of October 4th after being shot and set on fire in Philadelphia's quiet Mount Airy neighborhood.

Officials said family members identified the man as Samuel Derry, 46, of South Philly's 2200 block on Mifflin Street. Police Inspector William Colarulo wouldn't confirm the report. Police said they discovered a body that had been set on fire around 4 a.m. shortly after being called to the 8100 block of Forrest Avenue in Iladelph's Cedarbrook section. Derry was reportedly shot twice in the stomach and his body was set on fire.

According to The Philadelphia Inquirer, residents were shocked by the horrific crime scene. Neighbors said they didn't hear screams or gunshots. The residents described the neighborhood as usually quiet.

"I heard something go whoosh and I saw the fire," Denise Calhoun, 47, who lives nearby told The Inquirer. "I had seen two men pull something out of their van and I thought it was trash. Then I saw the body on fire. He must have been dead already because he didn't react."

Colarulo said homicide detectives were looking into a report that people in a van or SUV were seen in the area where the body was found. The body was flamed in the alley between Forrest and Williams Avenue, an area of brick and stone row houses close to Philly's Franklin Spencer Edmunds Public School.

Neighbors think the body may have been dumped on the south side of the alley because the side has overgrown brush and isn't lighted. Word is residents had complained to police about abandoned cars in the lot and teenagers hanging around the area as of late.

The reason why Beans step father was killed in such a savage way remains a mystery. Some have speculated that it could possibly be connected to the rappers recent court case and the dramas that have accompanied it, but it is uncertain whether Derry's death is connected to Sigel or his criminal case. Sigel was beint tried for attempted murder, but the case ended in a mistrial.

It has also been reported that a close friend of Sigels step father has been abducted in what could be interpreted as a revenge attack. Three armed men pointed their guns at Wallace Moody, a former friend and cell mate of Beans stepfather, and tossed him into the car, before speeding away. He hasn't been seen or heard from since.

"The family is very saddened by the loss," revealed Sigel's attorney Fortunato N. Perri Jr. Derry had wed Sigel's mother, Michelle Brown-Derry, back in June 2004.

In other Sigel news, rumors have been spreading that Beans is being courted to join G-Unit. The Broad Street bully is presently looking for a new deal and said the negotiations have not gone past a few conversations with 50 Cent. Beans also revealed it would be very much in his interests to hook up with 50 Cent.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.