Beanie Sigel - "Lord Have Mercy", verse 2

roaches

No words for that shit, mang.

Consider this a State Property appreciation post as well. This whole crew has yet to drop an outright bad album. Sigel's second was okay, yeah, but "Still Got Love for You" would validate even if every other song was terrible. Tough Luv was a little ehhh, yeah, but the beats were on-point and Young Chris definitely has a future. Both State Property albums are bananas - "Can't Stop, Won't Stop" wasn't quite "Roc the Mic" but the second album more than made up for its single's shortcomings with shit like "94 Bars", "Blow", "When You Hear That", "It's On". It's a shame the crew is broken up or whatever because Beans was lonely. Couldn't Peedi Crakk have given him a rrrrrring?

Personally, besides Beans, I always liked Oschino and Sparks...those dudes had chemistry.... on tracks like "Want Me Back" and "If I Could Do It All Again"...

I will never forget when I first heard Young Chris. It was that Beanie Sigel song "Think It's a Game" from The Reason. That song had 3 of my favorite rappers on there (Jay, Beans, Free) but yet whose verse did I keep rewinding? Young Chris. The guy is a monster if he stays away from shitty pop songs.

roaches

Yeah, that new Young Gunz is garbage. I guess Jay-Z got free beats in exchange for letting Swizz sample the entirety of his vocals on The Black Album. Young Chris is the truth, though. Listening to "Follow the Blueprint" + "94 Bars" + Freeway's "Full Effect" = epiphany.

roaches said:
Yeah, that new Young Gunz is garbage. I guess Jay-Z got free beats in exchange for letting Swizz sample the entirety of his vocals on The Black Album. Young Chris is the truth, though. Listening to "Follow the Blueprint" + "94 Bars" + Freeway's "Full Effect" = epiphany.
Man you gotta check out Home Of Philly. The Paid in Full soundtrack was 2 discs, the first disc had classics from the 80's the second disc was all new ROC and Chris and Beans had a song that still brings me to orgasm to this day everytime I hear it.

Also, I got this Young Chris solo mixtape, yeah it was trash, but just an interesting fact. It came out long before Tough Luv, and i gotta assume it was written during the time that Neff was in the streets instead of the studio.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.