bcc's new one

Nut

Bad - Seriously, it's not worth buying. Beats are pretty standard though a few stand out. Most songs are just regular bullshit and only 1 track is dope: He Gave us Life w/ Jahdan.

In short, it’s a decent enough album with a distinctly mid-’90s aesthetic which should please longtime BCC fans who have been yearning for the return of Rockness Monsta. They've attempted to replicate their take on the sound of mid nineties Brooklyn and pulled it off without lampooning themselves but it's debatable whether this regression ultimately pays off.

The majority of production here is concise and expansive from the spritely organ assisted Large Professor effort on "World Wide" to Ill mind’s snappy drumbeats on “Let’s Go”. “He Gave His Life” is a particularly poignant standout track that charts a narrative of recovery from some emotionally devastating events. “Soul Jah” features some subtle emotional inflections that sound achingly genuine and heartfelt.

A proportion of the album is nothing more than irritating (The tired concept behind "Trading Places" fails miserably) and I was disappointed that Da Beatminerz didn’t contribute more to this project although their sole opus didn’t exactly enthuse me. Sean Price seems to be more preoccupied with his upcoming solo album than spitting anything of real substance here and I’ve seen better things from Buckshot.

i like it. Its pretty good. I can go through the entire album without griding my teeth. 1-2-3s a sick track. Nothing new or innovative, usual BCC album id say.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.