Bay Area rapper E-40 and L.A's Third Degree do their thing on upcoming album release

SicC

Dying Breed
Staff member
Bay Area hiphop veteran E-40 will be featured on L.A. hiphop artist Third Degree’s upcoming single, “Do My Thang.” The highly anticipated track is slated to appear on Third Degree’s upcoming debut album, “The Pedestrian,” which had originally been scheduled for release late last year until legal negotiations held the album up. The disc will hit retail outlets on August 2.

Third Degree (Wayne Gillory) walks it like he talks it on this hook-laden, jeep ready album. Third, who hails from South Central Los Angeles, grew up living right around the corner from Dub C of Westside Connection. Says Third, “I went to Hiphop High. Washington High School was where I came up. A lot of hiphop artists went there, like Dub C, Crazy Tunes from The Maad Circle, YoYo, DJ Alladin, and Sir Jinx, who DJ’s for Xzibit, and more. Crenshaw High may have had all the sports people locked up, but Washington has had the music people.”

Third’s album is jam packed with 21 serious tracks, including the single “Do My Thang,” featuring E-40. “I like real writers who have subjects and topics,” Third proclaims. “I’m a purist kind of guy.”

While the intersection pictured on the album’s cover is the corner of L.A.’s Imperial and Western, Third’s songs reflect hiphop sensibilities emanating on corners in areas all over the country, so his rhymes hit home with those who are both near and far. Wherever you are when you listen to this album, you’re still at the intersection of hiphop beats and masterful rhymes, as the Pedestrian makes his way through your speakers. The long awaited album is slated for release on Blak Ice Records.

pz

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.