Banks only sold 48k 2nd week, Game makes a song bout it

Dont think Game was the cause of any sales decrease to be honest, i think G-Unit were always gonna run its course sometime, and i think with Yayo's, Mobb Deep's and now Bank's album it seems it has. Of course Game was gonna jump all over this and act like he had something with it. Its strange because things seem to be working in reverse order now than when G-Unit started, 50 etc rapping about selling loads and loads when the albums weren't all that good (The Massacre) now Bank's IMO really good album comes out it dosent sell at all.

are we forgetting about "300 Bars & Runnin"??????

That was one of the most vicious and lyrically on point diss songs ever. IMO it's a classic hip hop song that we'll all remember for years. And G-Unit didn't have the balls to reply in the same fashion. They didn't want to say Game's name, instead takin subliminal shots at him on weak cuts like "300 Shots".

Add that to the numerous disses from Jadakiss & Styles, and what u get is G-Unit being looked at like theyre pussies. 50 thought not responding would be the best way to deal with The Game and Jada, but look at how weak it made the Unit look.

And, of course, ppl just get sick of rappers who are no longer hungry. The Rotten Apple is not a strong album. Banks' lyrics are on point for maybe one verse, then he always strays off topic to talk about his jewellery or some other dumb n*gger shoot em up shit. If he would put more energy into his concepts and content and actually write meaningful rhymes, ppl would buy his album. U cant always win on beats and flow. Hip hop heads expect more.

ARon

^Actually you have it backwards. If he put less energy into his concepts and content he would sell more. Heads dont account for shit when it comes to album sales so catering to them will do nothing but earn you respect, not sales.

Yea Game did do damage to G-Unit in my opinion but I dont think enough to make people who liked G-Unit, not want to listen to them anymore. I like both G-Unit and Game alot but im not gonna stop listening the Unit cuz Game got beef. I didnt stop listening to Jay and Biggie when Pac was bitin there heads off back in '96 even though pac is my fav. rapper.. Lloyd Banks album was dope imo and i think Games is gonna be as equally ill! Good luck to both of them...

Trickster said:
Dont think Game was the cause of any sales decrease to be honest
I disagree, I went by the grocery store the other day and "G-UNOT" was spraypainted on the back of it, kids are taking it like it's some kind of gang or something.

Ya Game is a great leader of a gang alright, that even his own brother clowns on him. Bit of spraypaint aint gonna drop your sales that much, most people buying G-Unit records wouldnt have even heard 300 Bars, overrrated track by the way, good track but not the most vicious diss ever or anything. Dont get me wrong, i like The Game's music, dont like the way he acts but i dont buy a cd player to put in someones personality in the cd tray. Was hoping Banks would do better, hope Games sells well as well, but without this "I killed G-Unit crap"

I haven't even heard his single...back when his first album came out he had two pretty strong singles (if I remember correctly) that were on MTV. IMO that would be the cause rather than anything game has done.

Game shouldn't be laughin...same things gonna happen to him most likely.

S. Fourteen

Look around, and you'll see that the kids who had G-Unit avatars
now have BlackWallStreet avatars with pictures of themselves wearing a red bandana. Not to say that The Game took Bank's sales away because he wasn't going to sell that much to begin with.

Lloyd Banks aint that tight and I hope Game doesnt sell a lot either because he is a cocky son of a bitch and I would laugh like a mother fucker cuz that would be what he gets. No wonder my friends tell me I'm an asshole. I've come to accept it now. Fuck Banks and Game.

man, i've seen so many t shirts of G UNot being sold by this clothing store i go to...they even said they been selling those GUnot chains alot....when i was back in new mexico, all i could hear from my homies was did u get that stop snitchin', stop lyin' cd yet? man mad peeps who was on 50's dick back in late 2002,2003 are now seeing how fake he is...he don't care about having the streets or staying in the hood....so why would i care about anything his garbage ass click wants to put, knowing fifty don't care about shit but money.......u can say it wasn't Game who turned ppl off of G Unit....what turned me off was the same soft music they was dissin', they started making....The Game was just the first to man up and say it on record...Wanna Get To Know U, 21 Questions, Karma, and that one by Yayo i can never remember....i knew banks would flop, no push for it at all.......yayo, who gives a fucc about yayo...i mean bernard...now buck, he has a chance cuz of his loyal south following...i actually like buck, but fucc the rest of um'....may their careers rest in piss

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.