Ban 50 Cent From Canada! Word!

source: http://www.cbc.ca/story/arts/national/2005/11/23/Arts/fiftycent-051124.html

Ban 50 Cent, says Toronto MP
Last Updated Wed, 23 Nov 2005 12:24:40 EST
CBC Arts

U.S. rapper 50 Cent should be barred from entering Canada, says Toronto MP Dan McTeague.

The Liberal politician asked Immigration Minister Joe Volpe on Tuesday to deny the artist entry for a Canadian tour scheduled to launch in Vancouver Dec. 3.

Toronto MP Dan McTeague.

McTeague says 50 Cent promotes gun violence, a message he feels Torontonians in particular don't need to hear. A record 48 people have been shot to death in the city so far this year.

50 Cent, who was born Curtis Jackson in Queens, N.Y., has a criminal record and would need a ministerial permit to enter Canada.

"I don't think people in Toronto or any urban centre need or want to hear Mr. Jackson's message right now," McTeague said.

"I think it's time we send a message of our own to those who glorify violence that their gratuitous violence and movies are not welcome in our country," McTeague said. "We need to do a better job at protecting Canadians from people whose message runs counter to all of our efforts of trying to curb gun violence."

50 Cent recently made his movie debut in Get Rich or Die Tryin', a violent semi-autobiographical street drama.

* FROM NOV. 9, 2005: 8 More Miles 50 Cent's cinematic debut

U.S. rapper 50 Cent (AP file Photo)

Volpe's spokesman Steven Heckbert said permits allowing those with criminal records to enter Canada are issued regularly.

"It's permission that's granted typically about 12,000 times a year," Heckbert told the Canadian Press.

"Whether the minister or departmental officials make a decision about intervening or not, it's really not appropriate for us to be talking about it in a public forum," he said.

50 Cent's tour is scheduled to stop in Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City, Halifax and Saint John.
one love
a

These politicians are stiffs attempting to exhibit their power. They really don't give a fuck. Furthermore, if they ban 50 from entering Canada, why not go the whole way and ban any movie which involves guns and any bit of violence altogether!?? This is indirect racism and prejudism. I'm no 50 fan but i think it's just ludicrous. They banned his movie in PA cause someone got shot but i'm sure there is a movie in theatres right now much more violent than his Get rich movie. Ridonculous.

PuffnScruff

Cheesyphily16 said:
These politicians are stiffs attempting to exhibit their power. They really don't give a fuck. Furthermore, if they ban 50 from entering Canada, why not go the whole way and ban any movie which involves guns and any bit of violence altogether!?? This is indirect racism and prejudism. I'm no 50 fan but i think it's just ludicrous. They banned his movie in PA cause someone got shot but i'm sure there is a movie in theatres right now much more violent than his Get rich movie. Ridonculous.
:thumb:

C.R.Y.

Cheesyphily16 said:
exactly. if it wasnt racism and prejudism, then they should ban steven segal and arnold schwarzanegger.

_carmi

me, myself & us
lol whatever its not like if i was going to his show anyways.

but hes supposed to do a show a mtl in dec somewhere. wtf is happenin with that?

Shit is wrong on banning anyone to enter a place or country unless convicted in that state or country.Politician power again once is in motion.Even though 50 is not a favorite but this is wrong just in human nature!

politicans always try to make u feel gulity and use scare tactics to try and win people over.... this shit is ridiculous, and it is no doubt stereotyping and a small part racism

i say "good!", ban him. Toronto really doesnt need him, especially with a higher gun violence than NY! I mean fuck, 50 doesnt exactly promote peace :S

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.