Backstage at the BET Awards - Lil' Kim, Outkast, Diddy, T.I and Father MC

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Backstage at the 2006 BET Awards in Los Angeles, Andre 3000 and Big Boi of OutKast continued doing what they started on stage – promoting their new album and film, Idlewild, due Aug. 22 and Aug. 25 respectively.

It’s "not a typical musical and features two stories going on at the same time," explained Big Boi of the film. Asked about the album, Andre 3000 described it as a "new OutKast album and not a traditional soundtrack."

Andre used the opportunity to announce he has given up performing live shows because "I lost the love for it. But Big Boi will be out there hitting the road."

Meanwhile, Lil' Kim's mother Ruby and brother Christopher announced that the jailed rapper is scheduled to be released early from jail next week, three months before the end of her 366-day sentence.

Speaking of jail, former inmate T.I. says he gets through all of his bad times by thinking about his children. "I have five kids. I look at them; their wants never let up," he said. When asked about any upcoming film projects to follow up his big screen debut in ATL, he said: “I have a lot of opportunities lined up but no decisions have been made yet." His Grand Hustle artist Young Dro accompanied him backstage.

Sean "Diddy" Combs brought his Bad Boy artists Yung Joc and Cassie backstage and acknowledged that his label has "gone through a little drought. But these two artists show how strong Bad Boy is right now." Both are currently radio fixtures with their respective hits "It’s Goin’ Down" and "Me & U."

Diddy said his next album, due on Oct. 3, will be his last as a solo artist as he plans to “transcend into more movies." As previously reported, he’ll begin shooting a film adaptation of A Raisin in the Sun in September, due for release in May.

Blast from the past rapper, Father MC, announced he will have a new album in stores Aug. 18, titled Unexpected.

Meanwhile, Lil' Kim's mother Ruby and brother Christopher announced that the jailed rapper is scheduled to be released early from jail next week, three months before the end of her 366-day sentence.
So thats what lying in court gets you. a reduced sentence...

Diddy said his next album will be his last
Thank god.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.