B.G working with Mannie Fresh; receiving lots of radio play

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Former Hot Boy B.G. is set to release his new album, The Heart of tha Streetz Vol. 2, (I Am What I Am) on Chopper City Records/KOCH Records on March 21st, 2006.

On the album, B.G. decided to get back to his roots by teaming up with former Cash Money producer Mannie Fresh for the hot single "Move Around." The single is already at 1000 spins at Urban Radio and is the fastest growing B.G. single in years.

After establishing himself as one of hip-hop's most visible acts, B.G., virtually disappeared from the scene to battle his personal demons. Focused and recharged, the man whose "Bling Bling" song became a national phenomenon and whose tremendous success as an independent artist helped secure Cash Money Records' landmark deal in the 90's with Universal Records, reunites with Mannie Fresh and returns with his strongest album to date.

Now, co-CEO of Chopper City Records along with partner and co-CEO, Carol Dorsey, the original Hot Boy, who started his career in his teens, is now a man. "Everything that I've been through qualifies me to be the heart of the streets. Everybody knows my history and my background, so I've got the right to call myself the heart of the streets. I've been in the game since I was 14. This is my tenth solo project; nine solo albums, three Hot Boys albums, and gang of underground discs. I ain't but 25 and I'm already a legend."

With sales of over 7 million albums to his credit, he remains an indomitable figure and a household name especially in the Dirty South, where he is a huge fan-favorite.

After releasing his sixth solo album, Checkmate, B.G. walked away from Ca$h Money and launched his own imprint, Chopper City Records distributed by KOCH. The Heart of tha Streetz Vol 2 (I Am What I Am) is the rapper's 4th album with KOCH. It follows The Heart of Tha Streetz, Life After Cash Money and Livin' Legend (which is Gold).

Although he now calls Detroit his second home, B.G. still reps for the 504, the area code of his beloved city, New Orleans. If you think he's forgotten where he's from after stackin' that paper, he reminds you on the hook of "Move Around," that "I'm from the ghetto homey, I was raised on bread and baloney," keeping his heart and lyrics straight from the heart and in the streets of the Valence & Magnolia and 13th Ward sections of New Orleans. If you think New Orleans, is down for the count, B.G. emphatically says, "Let it be known that Chopper City is here!"

For more on B.G., go to www.MySpace.com/BGizzle, www.ChopperCityMusic.com or www.KochRecords.com.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.