AZ - The Format Leaked

linx

Staff member
The album isn't bad at all. I Am The Truth, The Format, Sit Em Back Slow and Rise And Fall are the best tracks on it in my opinion. I Am The Truth is just absolutely ridiculous to me. I've thought that since the first time I heard it. Overall, a dope album. Good production and AZ shows you that he is still one of the best lyricists.

Album is nothing but certified pifff, it's probably top 3 this year just behind ''Food & Liquor'' & ''Peice Of Strange''.

The DOPEST joints on the album for me are (No Order):

I Am The Truth
Set Em' Back Slow
Rise & Fall
The Format
This Is What I Do
Royal Salute

Worst track on the album is ''Doing That'' & probably AZ's worst track EVER, utter shit.

Testament said:
Album is nothing but certified pifff, it's probably top 3 this year just behind ''Food & Liquor''.
Since you mentioned Food & Liquor, I assume your referring to the top 3 most overrated albums of the year? Then again, maybe your just a sucker for unoriginal-Kanye-meets-Nas-musings-gnarled-by-shrieked-soul-harmonies-and-shit-choruses hip hop or have a penchant for artists who are falsely marketed as refereshing antidotes to hip hop's thugging dead-end.

Just DL'd it. Scanned thru the cd and burned it for my ride tomorrow.. The 1st 4-5 tracks i heard were fire and tomorrow ill have a chance to really chill and listen thru it.

albohemia said:
Since you mentioned Food & Liquor, I assume your referring to the top 3 most overrated albums of the year? Then again, maybe your just a sucker for unoriginal-Kanye-meets-Nas-musings-gnarled-by-shrieked-soul-harmonies-and-shit-choruses hip hop or have a penchant for artists who are falsely marketed as refereshing antidotes to hip hop's thugging dead-end.
Preach!

Although this album IS probably a banger. (I have yet to listen to it)

S. Fourteen

albohemia said:
So, do you listen to music or read what people say and get all wrapped up in it?

Unoriginality is all you got so far. Keep going.

S. Fourteen said:
So, do you listen to music or read what people say and get all wrapped up in it?

Unoriginality is all you got so far. Keep going.
Like Sir William Osler once said "One of the first duties of the physician is to educate the masses not to take the medicine". I like good hip hop hop. Is your surname secretly Jaco?

ArtsyGirl

albohemia said:
Like Sir William Osler once said "One of the first duties of the physician is to educate the masses not to take the medicine". I like good hip hop hop. Is your surname secretly Jaco?
So your not going to understand something you believe? Really I dont care what you listen to, but when you assume why somebody likes another artist just makes you look like the fool, accept that or not again I dont care but I thought I'd let you know anyhow.

I wanna hear this album.. Probably catch it when it drops though - Stupid Dial Up.

artisticgurl said:
So your not going to understand something you believe? Really I dont care what you listen to, but when you assume why somebody likes another artist just makes you look like the fool, accept that or not again I dont care but I thought I'd let you know anyhow.
There are only about four legitimate likable things on Lupe's album so it's not difficult to speculate. Your not offended by me. Your pissed off that you've just been thrown out of a noisome Def Jam marketing machine at about one hundred miles an hour. Violations.

S. Fourteen said:
Trust me man, you're not that special. You're just another hip hop fan.
Mastering the art of study, articulate discussion, evaluation, and interpretation of music is as special as mastering the art of levitation. I run a weekly work shop if your interested.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.