AZ Shows Jay How To Spit On ''Show Me What You Got''..*Link Inside*

linx

Staff member
HellRazor05 said:
Why should he be taking notes, because another rapper that isn't nearly as successful as he is can drop a hot verse over one of his beats? I like AZ and all, and this is a dope freestyle, but I can't take a post seriously from someone with a username like yours.
You know just as well as I do that a successful rapper doesnt mean a talented one. I know I probably don't have to remind you though. AZ is alot better than Hov anyway, but that's whatever. The last line of your post is good though, I agree.

HellRazor05 said:
I'm not saying that he's more talented because he's more successful. I'm just saying, if what he's doing already is bringing him success, why should he be taking notes from someone who is less successful?
Because AZ is more talented, look at fan's response to Jay's version (which was mostly negative) & look at fans responce to AZ's version (which was positive), he should take notes.

I like AZ's version better then Jay-Z's although too bad its only a verse.. I cant say that AZ is more talented then Jay though. I'm a AZ fan, but unfortunately his albums have 3-4 good songs and then the rest are usually just average.. Thats just my opinion though.

I'm still waiting for The Format and Kingdom Come. both hopefully should be good.

linx

Staff member
Fataldawg said:
I like AZ's version better then Jay-Z's although too bad its only a verse.. I cant say that AZ is more talented then Jay though. I'm a AZ fan, but unfortunately his albums have 3-4 good songs and then the rest are usually just average.. Thats just my opinion though.
You're nuts.

its linx! said:
You're nuts.

I dunno, somethin bout AZ's albums that makes me scan through alot of tracks. AWOL and Pieces of a Man are probaly his best to me (AWOL i can sit thru the whole thing with skippin maybe 1 or 2 tracks).. Got alot of memories of the latter though.. I played it alot during summer school my jr. year.. Especially that song with Nas.. and that track with Rza was my shit! :)

linx

Staff member
His first few albums were great, espically Doe Or Die (his first). That's some classic shit. Surprised you didn't name it, lmao. Have you heard it though? Every song he did with Nas is just ridiculous. "The Essence" and "How Ya Livin" are straight up classic songs. His albums after the first couple aren't great, but they are farrrr from bad too. :thumb:

To me, Az has always been ridiculous as a rapper. Dude is one of the best lyricists ever in my personal opinion. Far better than Jay. Although Jay was more consistant album-wise I guess. But I never liked the mainstream type Hov. Just the dope shit. Shit like "Change Clothes", "Girls, Girls, Girls" and the about clubs, hoes and shit.

its linx! said:
His first few albums were great, espically Doe Or Die (his first). That's some classic shit. Surprised you didn't name it, lmao. Have you heard it though? Every song he did with Nas is just ridiculous. "The Essence" and "How Ya Livin" are straight up classic songs. His albums after the first couple aren't great, but they are farrrr from bad too. :thumb:

Yea my friend had the tape of it years ago but i only had a chance to hear a couple songs and we were playing cards so i couldnt really listen to it thoroughly. If I ever see it used in a store I'll pick it up.. I never see any new AZ stuff at all except for AWOL and Aziatic when I go to the mall or a record store!

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
AZ is the type of rapper that you can always safely say is extremely dope and lyrical...

But, you never take the time to listen to him because he's simply not engaging or entertaining...apart from his verse on Life's a Bitch.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.