Atmosphere God Loves Ugly

TheCat

anyone heard of this album, its really good. its not as great as the Lemons album, but still worth the listen.

Stone_Cold

Godlovesugly is an amazing album. So good I bought the re issue released a few weeks ago, so now i have it twice!

Slug is one of the most underrated lyricists and Ant one of the most underated producers.

I dig them even more now that Slugs lyrics have matured and his storytelling is really something else.

If you like Lemons check out their Sad Clown EPs released before and after Lemons

Some examples;

66th Street
[YOUTUBE]6iKLhy4amqw[/YOUTUBE]

Not Another Day
[YOUTUBE]nsuuPXVpyAU[/YOUTUBE]

Sunshine
[YOUTUBE]BpqOWO6ctsg[/YOUTUBE]

I discovered them about 2 years ago and now theyre my favourites, always bumping them!

TheCat

Stone

did you get that Strickly Leakage album they released for FREE that was a good mixtape.

Your right about Slug's lyrics are more inspiring then your usual rapper and his story telling is very deep.

Stone_Cold

Yeah I got that too. Top quality material even yet they gave it away. You can tell that they are the kind of guys that care for their fans and like to give a little back!

The whole Rhymesayers crew is dope. Get that new POS album!

You heard Illogics cd Celestial CLockwork? Reminds me a bit of Atmosphere and Slug features on a track!

Duke

Staff member
I love Atmopshere/Slug. Love their Godlovesugly album. I also have a whole bunch of tracks titled "Homework Vol 1". No clue where the shit came from. Songs like "Uncle Sam", "Global", "Midwest", "Where Thawght Is Worshipped" (sick track), "Fuck Heroes".

Anyone know where this shit comes from?

Stone_Cold

^^^ Think they are all features that Sean has done. That first track you listed Uncle Sam is from All Naturals album Second nature.

They have so much rare material from all the bad dub series which are now out of print!
Check this guys youtube for alot of that material YouTube - Sadclownbad's Channel

I discovered a track called The River, which is amazing, but YOU NEED TO CEHCK THIS LIVE VERSION, Apparently he dedicated it to the girl who was raped and killed at one of their shows and Slug gets real emotional and starts crying at the end

[YOUTUBE]A9GIp3EgPAI[/YOUTUBE]

TheCat

^^
thats a powerful performance,. i never had the pleasure to see them live? have you?

do you know when Slug did the Sean Loves Ugly Girls Albums?
am i wrong it is him right? but there is no mention of it on wikipedia.

Stone_Cold

As far as I know those cds are just a fan made mix of all his guest spots and unreleased material. Seen it on the web under a few different names, like Sean Loves Ugly, Slug Likes Ugly Girls etc. Pretty Sure its not official.

Ive never seen them live, They played Dublin last summer but for some fucked up reason I decided not to make the trip down. Im pissed at myself for that. They better come back and Ill be there for sure!

TheCat

Yeh that makes sense, i seen quite a few tracks from other artist on it, that just features Sean. its pretty good, i got 5 albums full of it. some tracks were from the sad clown eps.

i always liked visiting Belfast, the atmosphere in town was allot more laid back then Dublin, last time i was in dublin was to see oasis and it was a nightmare trying to get into clubs and bars because the doormen were arseholes.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.