At the moment? It's Busta Rhymes, Nas, Redman & Lloyd Banks.

7 Syns

random;

Im sitting here listening to a newly made mixtape I conjured earlier today and as the tracks pass on by, it's not hard for me to hear who's starting their own little firestones under the mainstreams ass at the present. Obviously y'all will have picked it up on whom im pointing at due to my thread title.

Busta Rhymes, 3 songs ive heard from him have been nothing short of great but I'll admitt that they fall short on delivering a possible classic. Nether the less "I'll Hurt U", "Get My Money w/ ODB" & "Do The Damn Thing w/ Redman" have been pure heat. It's great music when both Reggie & Buss are on that grimmey styles they came up with.

Redman, "Rush The Security" is a banger. Nice single backed up with "Gilla House" & Gilla Hit w/ Icarus". Add his verse on that Bussa Buss song and he's on some sort of heat streak though I never expected anything less from Reggie.

Nas, "Don't Body Yourself" was a decent shot. But that new song with Lauryn Hill's a gem, however 'Death Certificate" is what's got me going banana's waiting for his upcoming release 'Dow Jone's'.

Lastly, Lloyd Banks. Ever since he said in an interview that 'The Big Withdraw" was gonna be more New York orientated grimmey music I got amped because I always thought he'd sound best over typical grimmey production rather then beats like 'Im So Fly" & "Im High". The tracks which have circulated mixtapes that he's submitted have all been nice. 'Simple w/ 50', 'New York City', 'Ya Niggaz', 'Up In Here', 'You Ain't Built Like That', 'This is My City w/ Yayo' & 'Niggaz Gon Killa You'. His verse on '300 shots' wasn't bad either.

In conclusion, these for 4 mc's sound hungry again and thats a good for hip-hop when 3 legends seem to have that fire again.

peace.

Busta Rhymes - the greatest cameo rapper of all time. He's never made an album that shows his actual skills though, but I'm thinking that with Dre behind him on this new one, it'll be classic shit

Redman - Never made a weak album. The only one that can be considered below his normal standard is "Blackout!" and even then, it was hot shit

Nas - What can you say that hasn't been said before?

Lloyd Banks- I don't really check for his shit, so I was lost when you mentioned his stuff

But all in all, yea, I'd hafta agree with you

Haven't heard any new Busta or Redman shit, but i can say that i haven't liked any of the new Nas tracks. I haven't heard the Lauryn Hill joint, but all the other ones sound the same to me - slow, boring beats with "deep" and depressing lyrics. Why can't he ever just release a nice, smooth summer jam, where he isn't trying desperately to be on some next level shit, or trying to come up with some crazy concepts? That's basically all Streets Disciple was... these same slow, un-melodic, depressing piano beats. Those kind of beats are alright to listen to once, but they get boring as fuck. He needs to hook up with some different producers, fast. Theer's so many dope producers around, yet Nas seems to be enemies with them all, or with their affiliates, lol.

And Banks shit is trash.

7 Syns

aloivas said:
And Banks shit is trash.
How so? Too boring? Nothing new? Shitty beats? Stale flow? Played? All of the above?

FlipMo said:
Death Certificate = Death Annaversary?
It's the same track, it's just been called different things on different forums. Im probably wrong on the title however.

LP's on my radar.

Crooked I - Boss Music, Bun-B - Trill, Banks - Big Withdraw, Reggie Noble - Red Gone Wild, Bussa Buss - Big Bang.

Im a loser

peace.

Redman, "Rush The Security" is a banger. Nice single backed up with "Gilla House" & Gilla Hit w/ Icarus". Add his verse on that Bussa Buss song and he's on some sort of heat streak though I never expected anything less from Reggie.
Nas, "Don't Body Yourself" was a decent shot. But that new song with Lauryn Hill's a gem, however 'Death Certificate" is what's got me going banana's waiting for his upcoming release 'Dow Jone's'.

co sign with the bold that death anniversary is just fuckin sick, best nas song in a long while for a non nas fan.

ps redman i hope he gets his release date this time def jam keeps screwing him. tuts.
anxious to hear what he got for us this time.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
7 Syns said:
LP's on my radar.

Crooked I - Boss Music, Bun-B - Trill, Banks - Big Withdraw, Reggie Noble - Red Gone Wild, Bussa Buss - Big Bang.
Yep. Some good LP's there. Especially Bun and Crook.

At your earlier post on Lloyd Banks. When I first heard him... Back in whenever ( a long time back). I had high anticipations. I thought he was gonna be bigger than 50. Then I heard his guest appearances on GRODT. Still good. Then they released the G-Unit album, not so good. I heard a few tracks of HFM. Good. Heard the whole album. Bad. I'm not sure if Lloyd has got it in him, or the creative freedom he needs to release a truely decent album.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.