Ask the Winner of StreetHop's Hip-Hop Head Award Winner Anything

roaches

Congratulations to Tiago (bka 7 Syns), the most recent round of the TupacBoard Awards's winner for the relevant category. I think it's pointless to crown a king and not let him reign, so let's hear his views.

My questions for Tiago:

1. What are you listening to these days?

2. How do you feel about this J-Hood song? http://xxlmag.com/online/?p=3310

3. What's your favorite subgenre of rap music?

4. Hypothetical situation: Your friend's DJing at the party, and things are going good. However a minor emergency happens and he has to leave and handle business. He won't be gone for more than an hour, and he asks you to cover for him. What songs do you play for that hour?

5. Who's your favorite video ho?

lol @ the bitterness.

anyway,

i would like to know if there are any artists (not obvious ones) that 7 does not like, and if so, who are they?

Lok

I didn't even know we had the awards going on again!
Serves me right for never scrolling below the Street Hop forum unless I need somebody to bid on some Dallas classics I guess :-/

Edit: with all due respect to goymz, but................WHO?!

7 Syns

roaches said:
Congratulations to Tiago (bka 7 Syns), the most recent round of the TupacBoard Awards's winner for the relevant category. I think it's pointless to crown a king and not let him reign, so let's hear his views.

My questions for Tiago:

1. What are you listening to these days?

2. How do you feel about this J-Hood song?

3. What's your favorite subgenre of rap music?

4. Hypothetical situation: Your friend's DJing at the party, and things are going good. However a minor emergency happens and he has to leave and handle business. He won't be gone for more than an hour, and he asks you to cover for him. What songs do you play for that hour?

5. Who's your favorite video ho?
1. Everything. Specifically though in the last month, J5 - Feedback, MK - Made In Brooklyn, Grimm - American Hunger, random Bishop Lamont and some old DJ Format, DJ Yoda & DJ Rectangle tapes.

2. Eh. Heard it before, however it was by a different rapper over a different beat. Might go good in the clubs.

3. I like all genre's of hip-hop.

4. Mixes and blends. For example blend LL Cool J's Paradise into OC's Born 2 Live, KRS Step Into A World into Banks On Fire etc. But in reality, i'd probably throw on a DJ Rectangle mixtape and let it do all the work.

5. You or chronic.:cool:

One year.

peace.

7 Syns

_carmi said:
tell me what are you expecting from The Game's album?

Same dosage really as before. Beats will be knocking, rhymes will be mostly the same content. Maybe a song or two with a different twist, other than that Im forseeing The Documentry Part. 2. If the production is better or not is the main question. Judging by One Blood alone, it'll not be better.

peace.

7 Syns

aloivas said:
lol @ the bitterness.

anyway,

i would like to know if there are any artists (not obvious ones) that 7 does not like, and if so, who are they?

There's a few but basically if a song is nice than a song is nice. My first listen is really to absorb it in. Then I'll dissect the beat from the rhymes on the second listen and see how it is.

Flow is important to me, so are lyrics and content. But usually emcee's who can switch their flow up while maintaining good content and lyrics, well I'll listen to them constantly eg. Pharoahe Monch.

As for the question itself, nah not really. I do dislike albums however by certain artists for example Purple Haze by Cam is the only album ive ever returned back to the store. Shit was horrible to me. But I don't mind him as an artist.

There are artists I dislike, but I usually learn to like them. Last year I disliked Doom. This year I bump Doom regularly. I still can't get into Madvilliany album though. Sorry chron. :(

peace.

7 Syns

jbrolax said:
Album of the year so far?
So many, not one album really stands out rather a group of albums.

Piece of Strange by Cunny is splendid, so is Made In Brooklyn by MK. I haven't heard Game Theory by Roots yet, as I wanna buy the album itself and be surprised by the first listen. But Im sure thats a good album too. The Coup was a different album, I liked it though.

Cube, Busta were decent. American Hunger and Feedback were solid.

There's a few.

peace.

jbrolax

Tiago said:
So many, not one album really stands out rather a group of albums.

Piece of Strange by Cunny is splendid, so is Made In Brooklyn by MK. I haven't heard Game Theory by Roots yet, as I wanna buy the album itself and be surprised by the first listen. But Im sure thats a good album too. The Coup was a different album, I liked it though.

Cube, Busta were decent. American Hunger and Feedback were solid.

There's a few.

peace.

Yeh kinda wish i waited for the release of Roots... I always say im gonna buy it and never get around to it. Oh well Im goin to the mall soon hopefully i'll pick it up and support real hip hop...

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.