Artist Interviews That Piss You Off

i'll give everyone an example. the other day i was leafing through the Jadakiss/Nelly XXL Cover (dropped sometime last year, can't remember when) and in the Nelly interview (god knows why i was reading it), the interviewer proceeded to describe just how intelligent Nelly is, and began to quote excerpts from an argument he was having with some guys about terrorism, one of the quotes being

"terrorism affects everybody"

then the interviewer continued to talk about how well educated Nelly is, and how he continued to talk about terrorism and other "intellectual" topics until late at night.

it pisses me off because it may be that Nelly is a socially conscious person, but it isn't exactly reflected in his music. so why the fuck should we care that the man behind all this extortion and shitty music is "smart".

i guess my beef is that if Nelly wanted himself presented in that light it makes him look like a huge hypocrite trying to pull off a "conscious" image, and then justifies his video for "Tip Drill" as real life. because in real life, where Nelly grew up, girls stripped to pay their way through school or whatever the fuck he said.

just venting..
y'all two cents?

Advocate said:
i'll give everyone an example. the other day i was leafing through the Jadakiss/Nelly XXL Cover (dropped sometime last year, can't remember when) and in the Nelly interview (god knows why i was reading it), the interviewer proceeded to describe just how intelligent Nelly is, and began to quote excerpts from an argument he was having with some guys about terrorism, one of the quotes being

"terrorism affects everybody"

then the interviewer continued to talk about how well educated Nelly is, and how he continued to talk about terrorism and other "intellectual" topics until late at night.

it pisses me off because it may be that Nelly is a socially conscious person, but it isn't exactly reflected in his music. so why the fuck should we care that the man behind all this extortion and shitty music is "smart".

i guess my beef is that if Nelly wanted himself presented in that light it makes him look like a huge hypocrite trying to pull off a "conscious" image, and then justifies his video for "Tip Drill" as real life. because in real life, where Nelly grew up, girls stripped to pay their way through school or whatever the fuck he said.

just venting..
y'all two cents?
I feel you. They try to get this glamorous image and then try to do some political shit or act like they are intelligent. Maybe they are but I'm not hearing the shit when they make dumb ass songs like tip drill, songs about shoes, grills or whatever.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.