Anyone got Proof's album "I Miss The HipHop Shop"?

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Is this thing even out?

Proof - I Miss The Hip Hop Shop
Label: Iron Fist Year: 2004

All new highly anticipated solo album debut from platinum selling D12 frontman and Eminem partner. Album features production from the hottest in the game today including DJ Premier (Gangstarr, M.O.P), Jaydee (Slum Village, Tribe Called Quest, Pharcyde) , D9 Porter (G-Unit “Stunt 101”), AMP Fiddler (George Clinton, Seal, Lucy Pearl, Prince), as well as a host of upcoming talent. Features tracks "Derty Harry", "Neil Armstrong", "Play With Myself", "You Know How 2", "Ja In A Bra", "Nowhere Fast" and thirteen more!!

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
They are listing it everywhere for like US$14 and calling it an album. Oh well.

salty thanks, take your time I wont be home to download for another 6 hours...

saltynuts said:
I have "I Miss The Hip Hop Shop" yes, but its not his debut, its a mixtape. It came out several months ago.
Is it any good and where can I get it from?

After hearing that song "I Ain't Scared" I'm fiendin' for something other than 2pac or Eminem. Been listening to them for a while now, with Young Buck and Obie thrown in now and then to change shit up.

For those people who have been blasting me lately for not listening to Illmatic, I'm gonna go get that album and give Nas a chance again. I'm gettin' super hard up for something fresh and someone new.

Farzin

I got it and i actually like it.

LOve letters
Nowhere fast
cross tha line
Know ya! name
derty harry
people for hi change
E and 1 Equel 1

ahh fuck it the whoel damn thing is good

the ones i mentioned are a bit better than hte others.

but this shows that proof is a decent MC and sets him apart from the other D12 members excluding Eminem.

Farzin

jason_g_718 said:
Is it any good and where can I get it from?

After hearing that song "I Ain't Scared" I'm fiendin' for something other than 2pac or Eminem. Been listening to them for a while now, with Young Buck and Obie thrown in now and then to change shit up.

For those people who have been blasting me lately for not listening to Illmatic, I'm gonna go get that album and give Nas a chance again. I'm gettin' super hard up for something fresh and someone new.
umm try Murs - 3.16 9th wonder edition
or The last emperor - Music Magic Myth
and if you think illmatic is a bit old school or wahtever pick up stillmatic, god son , lost tapes those are good.

well hope you find something you like.

Farzin said:
and if you think illmatic is a bit old school or wahtever pick up stillmatic, god son , lost tapes those are good.

yeah that murs album is nice...as hell

I can only say what i like jason u might wanna check it...

Little brother
foreign exchange
Jean grae
Dead prez
Non phixion
( Immortal technique)
jedi mind tricks
7L
canibus<<seriously man check rip the jacker...if that doesnt get u to say WTF i dunno wut is wrong with u...
Course talib kweli he comes closest to mainstream rap..but in a different way from what u have been hearing...
Man Mf doom maybe...
De la soul

this is still kiddie stuff theres much more to be heard..man...

and for bout the nas thing...like the dude said if u dont feel like checkin illmatic check stillmatic again..just check everything again..but try listening to it different this time...Maybe u should try illmatic.'but fuck the remastered version

Farzin said:

LOL, dude, I still listen old Fat Boy tapes when I can. LOL, so if that ain't too old, I doubt anything Nas has put out will be.

Don't listen to some of these jokers, I've been listening to rap for 22 years.

jason_g_718 said:
LOL, dude, I still listen old Fat Boy tapes when I can. LOL, so if that ain't too old, I doubt anything Nas has put out will be.

Don't listen to some of these jokers, I've been listening to rap for 22 years.
i couldnt stop myself from asking again...

how come u ask so many fucking stupid questions about hiphop ( you do kow what hiphop is rite?^) when u have been listening to it 4 such a long time...I just can't understand that....maybe i should Pm this to you...cuz no doubt ur goin to reply with sum bullshit...

Farzin

Well i was just giving you a few suggestions since you said you new stuff to listne to. I have been listneing to rap for umm like 9 years or maybe less and there is soo much i learn every day and new artist i hear off or older stuff i discover. it doesnt matter how long you have ben listening to because as time passes ppl grow and change so you might discover some artist you didnt like or a music genre or find complete new stuff.

so good luck with whatever you do, personally i am always on the look for new and good music and i rarely find it in mainstream anymore.

if anyone wants to hook me up with some good music i wouldnt sya no :-D .

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.