Any rapper who turned from rapping to write classic poetry ?

Any rapper who turned from rapping to write classic poetry ?

Is there some rapper outthere famous, who did the opposite way around as Tupac did – turning fom rapping to mainly writing real poems? Help would be appreciated…

Thanks

I wouldn't say 2Pac had classic poetry... His stuff was okay but lacked maturity (obviously) and were not all that creative.

ARon

You wouldn't consider what they do now as poetry?
But I'm not to sure, interesting question too. I would check with some of the older "concious" rappers, or them lyrical ones. Someone like Chuck D maybe, along those lines. I can picture Q-Tip being someone like that also, I might be way off too.
Why are you asking?

I need it for a term paper that Im writing on Hip Hop poetry...actually it is finished, I just need this final info to add...so any fast help from you is appreciated----

ARon

I figured it was for a paper, and I'm really sorry i can't help, but when you get time can you post your paper? Always interesting to read things like that. Again, sorry.

Bigg Limn

Staff member
There are no rappers who turned to classical poetry because classical poetry was before raps time. But if you're just looking for rappers who turned to poetry...I also don't know of any and doubt if there are any. And that's prolly due 2 the fact that poetry pays ass.

pz

Bill G said:
I wouldn't say 2Pac had classic poetry... His stuff was okay but lacked maturity (obviously) and were not all that creative.

I dont think he meant classic in that sense.Classic as in old school poetry

AnarchistFunk said:
He's not extremely famous, but Saul Williams has poetry books out
Well, I checked the bio to this guy, but it says he was a poet before he turned to MC'ing...so that wouldn count...anyone else ???? Maybe I should use MC Lyte....

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.