Animal activists furious at P Diddy

S. Fourteen

Ok, Diddy or whoever in charge is an asshole for having animals on display at a party... stick to having ice sculptures.

PETA aren't the smartest people around though, they promote beer drinking by saying that beer is healthier than milk.

S. Fourteen

Their ideas are OK, but their tactics are stupid.

"Drink Beer, Not Milk" - they claim that milking hurts the cow - stupid.

"Think Ink, Not Mink" - ok, not wearing mink is fine by me but why do they have to get a tattoo in the process?

With all the money and energy they waste on animals, they could use that to tutor some unfortunate kids or help the homeless.

you obviously have differnt views. sometimes "tactics' have to be extreme to work in a postive way.
beer doesnt hurt cow's. do you have any idea some what conditions some cows are livin in.

S. Fourteen

They say MILKING hurts the cows so we souldn't drink it, instead we should drink beer.

Do you have any idea how some of these homeless people are living?

I know the PETA type, my cousin is one of them and she doesn't take a shower or use a deodorant, she some how thinks that that is going to save the planet. She doesn't use any paper products because she loves trees or any organic products, that means no tampons for her, don't ask me how she gets by because I don't know.

Really Frank, the idea is great, I love animals but some people who belongs to the organization are dumbfucks.

saltynuts said:
They say MILKING hurts the cows so we souldn't drink it, instead we should drink beer.
its more the corperation behind it you shouldnt be supportin
saltynuts said:
Do you have any idea how some of these homeless people are living?
yes, whats that got to do, theres different orginisations for differnt problems. i think the government should take on more of a responsibility for such a rich nation, im sure they dont need to be bombing iraq to make america a "better" place.
saltynuts said:
I know the PETA type, my cousin is one of them and she doesn't take a shower or use a deodorant, she some how thinks that that is going to save the planet. She doesn't use any paper products because she loves trees or any organic products, that means no tampons for her, don't ask me how she gets by because I don't know.
although i couldnt live that extreme i respect that, and she deserves prop's not ridicule.

saltynuts said:
Really Frank, the idea is great, I love animals but some people who belongs to the organization are dumbfucks.
ok when you set up a positive orginisation devoted to protecting the goodness of mankind then maybe you'l be in the situation to be able to call people dumbfucks

S. Fourteen

Putting words into my quote will not make the issue go away Frank, PETA said milking hurts the cows and beer is healthier for you -- there is no intelligence in that.

beer is healthy for y0u in small amounts, isnt it reccomeded that everyone drink a beer or 2 a day.
i think its prety obvious they were tryin to get at in terms not just stating blunt fact's

S. Fourteen

Regardless of what People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) claims, beer does not "Do a body good," according to Boston University Clinical Assistant Professor Joan Salge-Blake.

Salge-Blake said low-fat milk or skim milk provides an excellent source of calcium and vitamin D, which are especially important for college students to consume as their bones continue to grow. She said while milk is a good source of protein and rich in nutrients, the same cannot be said about beer.

"There are no ways in which beer is healthier than milk," Salge-Blake said.

Although PETA pulled their "Got Beer?" campaign two years ago, after groups such as Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) said the ads were irresponsible, they have re-instituted it on college campuses across the nation. Dan Shannon, the Vegan Outreach Coordinator for PETA, said PETA does not mean to anger MADD, but said he believes the organization misinterprets the advertisements.

"We respect MADD very much," Shannon said. "We just don't think they understand our message. It isn't a pro-alcohol campaign, we are simply using beer as a metaphor to inform people to how bad milk is."

However, Salge-Blake disagreed with even having the two beverages in the same sentence.

"[Milk and beer] shouldn't even be compared," said Salge-Blake, who is also the Dietetic Internship Director. "They have nothing in common except that they are both liquids."

However, Shannon said beer and milk made an "interesting comparison.

"We hope that this campaign will make people think 'Wait a minute, that can't be right. Beer is better for you than milk?' and then research it, and realize that it really is true," Shannon said.

However, Salge-Blake responded to the statement, saying PETA was only comparing it using facts that were beneficial to their claim.

"PETA seems to be saying that because milk has some fat and beer has none means beer is better than milk," Salge-Blake said. "But beer is full of calories, and all calories in excess will make you gain weight; any time you consume more calories than you burn off, you will gain weight."
Why woudn't they want us to drink milk? Because it comes from animals.

Cows need to be milked regularly because milk is constantly building up in their udders as they eat.

its more of the treatment of the animals being milked, being bred just to be milked and slaughted, they are against the campaign
ill post some write ups in the next couple a days.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Frank Grimes said:
its more of the treatment of the animals being milked, being bred just to be milked and slaughted, they are against the campaign
ill post some write ups in the next couple a days.

This is getting off topic and a bit too deep for me. But...

Cow's are live stock. They don't have the same animal rights as other animals. They are bred specifically for us to eat and to get milk from. The same way Chickens are bred for eggs and meat. And all other farm yard animals.

There's no other point to this animals lives, without our need for them they wouldn't be here. I respect a Vegetarians right not to eat meat, but I ask that they respect mine to eat meat and drink milk. Most of these animals live in fair quality these days with free range chickens etc. But at the end of the day they're my prey, and I may not kill or prepare them myself, but it's still my prey and no-one moans at a lion for doing what's natural. And it's natural for me to eat meat.

S. Fourteen

Frank Grimes said:
Fair enough, I'm not going to hate on another mans beliefs but PETA needs to campaign in a better way. They use beer as the attention getter for young kids while they could have used other alternatives like Kool-Aid or Juice, I think that is very stupid of them.

Fuck the PETA. Telling kids to drink beer is bad enough, but giving them "blood-soaked" KFC crowns, "Unhappy Meals" containing decapitated toy animals, and comics entitled "Your Mommy Kills Animals" is irresponsible.

They're not as bad as the Animal Liberation Front or Earth Liberation Front, but they're still evil.

Illuminattile said:
Fuck the PETA. Telling kids to drink beer is bad enough, but giving them "blood-soaked" KFC crowns, "Unhappy Meals" containing decapitated toy animals, and comics entitled "Your Mommy Kills Animals" is irresponsible.

They're not as bad as the Animal Liberation Front or Earth Liberation Front, but they're still evil.
Actually, PETA is as bad as the ALF and the ELF, because PETA funds those groups.

Oh, and check out www.consumerfreedom.com

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.