Anger Management Show at Nissan Pavilion (D.C.)

Not going to do a full out review (cause I'm sure someone probably already did from another show) but I just wanted to see if anyone that has seen the show feels the same way I did.

Just saw the concert last night and for the most part enjoyed it. Lil Jon and his set was decent. I'm not big on Lil Scrappy or Pitbull (haven't really taken the time to listen to them though) but I thought they did a decent job while they were on stage with Jon. After they all performed next was 50 and G-unit.
First 50 missed his landing at the start of his set and he fell off the stage and into the crowd before he started performing. The first 2 songs were pretty good then the rest of the songs were for the most part songs that you hear on the radio 24/7. Banks was terrible, I couldn't hear him over the voice track playing. Buck was probably the best out of G-Unit. Yayo didn't even come out to perform when they played So Seductive, he came out w/ 50 2 songs later for P.I.M.P. For the most part G-Unit was terrible on stage, half the time I wasn't sure what song they were doing until the hook came on because it was basically 4 guys saying(yelling) the same words out of sync. They need to take notes from some of the other artists. Mobb Deep performed pretty well & so did M.O.P. I think they cut 50 off early for some reason because he did his verse from Hate It Or Love It and then stopped to ask if that was it. Then said "Ladies and Gentleman thanks for having me, goodnight", dropped his microphone and left the stage with everyone else and never came back out even at the end when everyone came out.
After that it was Eminem & D12 w/ Obie Trice & Stat Quo making appearances. Eminem & D12 are great performers because you can actually understand what they are saying and all 6 of them don't try to yell over each other. They did a great job and Obie Trice was pretty good as well, Stat was decent not as smooth on stage as the rest but he was 10 times better than G-unit. Anyways, just wanted to give my opinion of the show and also try to figure out why everyone was dumping water in the crowd but G-unit felt the need to dump it on themselves? Seemed kinda stupid to me. Peace.

Yea I was there in row 'F', seeing 50 miss his landing was kinda funny...Buck was Great smoking that Blunt on stage and then doing Purple...the whole water thing got REAL old after awhile, I agree with you that most the songs were radio hits, nothing special, D12 did a great job performing TOGETHER, while most of the other cliques tried to outshine one another (ahem...G-UNIT), I wish Mobb Deep would have done more since there fucking MAIN DJ was there (C'mon ALC!?!), I was excited to see them there, but their choice in songs could have been vamped up if they included the Lil Jon track they did or something of that recognition, and non-outplayed-ness. Lil Jon actually won me over since he did that 'Requiem For a Dream' -sample- song, that I really hoped he'd do. And of course when everyone started to get up and go after Em went off the stage....he came back, that shit was hot!! Although I was pretty blazed, I still rocked out to most of the songs, overall I would rate this concert with a 'B'

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.