Andre 3000 creates cartoon

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
OutKast rapper Andre 3000 appeared at a Cartoon Network press event to unveil his new animated series Class of 3000, which is scheduled to debut on the channel in November.

The story revolves around a group of gifted music students at Atlanta’s Westley School of Performing Arts who look up to former graduate-turned-superstar Sunny Bridges, voiced by Dre. One of the kids, Lil D, is loosely based on Dre's childhood.

"I come from the projects and [used to] go all the way across town to school, which is in Buckhead, a prominent part of Atlanta," Dre said at the breakfast event. "I went to school with mayor's kids and commissioner's kids, so it was a mash up then. One of my best friends, he was French. Another best friend was Indian."

"So when we created the show, we didn't want it to be just all black characters or all white characters," he continued. "We just created a world and it kind of mirrors what's going on right now. Everybody hang out with everybody. It's not like you just stay in your own little clique. There's a huge Crayola box going on."

Dre says he’s looking to drop a soundtrack for the series and is seeking talent to make guest appearances on the show during a second season.

"We're reaching out to a lot of people," Dre said. "A lot of people are interested. Every time you drop an album, you kinda go through this whole run. You do ‘TRL’-you do all those shows. I think Class of 3000 will be one of those places that record companies will say, 'We want our artist to be on this show.' It'll be a cool place."

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.