Among rappers to break through since 1997, where do you rank Trick Daddy?

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Who has broken through since 1997?

Nelly, 50 Cent, G-Unit, Kanye West, Dipset?, T.I

Is he really that much worse/better than all them. I think he's just part of a bunch of a group of rappers who have emerged in the last 10 years who all rap (the majority) about the same material and who all use the same producers, (the same sounding at least).

Obviously not all are the same, bit mean that I put Kanye in that group and maybe T.I. But mainstream rap at least does seem to follow trends these days. However I think rap music is just as strong as it's ever been and I'm still a huge fan.

*End of Waffle*

PuffnScruff

i have always liked trick daddy for some reason. i still bump ww.thug.com
people hate on him but he really is a pretty good rapper, much better than most mainstream rappers. i havent heard all of his albums, but the ones i have heard are a little under rated imo. i sort of like how he never tours outside of florida.

he may not be the best rapper but better than people give him credit for

ARon

I like him, he has a pretty unique delivery and flow really. He is pretty underrated, most people probably judge hom off the radio shit or word of mouth, or keyboard for that matter, but he is pretty good. For some reason I always listen to the songs with the children singing, heh.
As far as where he is ranked for newer comers, he is up there, I dont consider him bad at all, or garbage or whatever.

EDouble

Will suck off black men for a dime
Pittsey said:
Who has broken through since 1997?

Nelly, 50 Cent, G-Unit, Kanye West, Dipset?, T.I

Is he really that much worse/better than all them. I think he's just part of a bunch of a group of rappers who have emerged in the last 10 years who all rap (the majority) about the same material and who all use the same producers, (the same sounding at least).

Obviously not all are the same, bit mean that I put Kanye in that group and maybe T.I. But mainstream rap at least does seem to follow trends these days. However I think rap music is just as strong as it's ever been and I'm still a huge fan.

*End of Waffle*
ur talkin about since 2000 basically (if you go back to nelly). the rest of em in the last about 3 years. alot of shit in the years before you can't miss

i like trick's shit he stays with his thing and is smart

Freedom Froggy

trick came on the scene with some southern thug music which wasnt really going on back then.. other than face and 3-6 mafia

so i think he ranks high

he never fails to rip a collab and has never switched up his style for anyone

roaches said:
Name ten to fifteen better?
there's alot better rappers than him in my opinion but that's basing off of what i've heard of his. he doesn't really make me want to go to the stores and buy his shit

i never bought an album of his but when he was here in washington last summer i really enjoyed his concert and some how i knew almost every song he did and he showed alot of respect for 2pac. but i dont know how i would rate him cus i never owned any of his albums.

Dante

Meyer & Dante Best Friends4eva
trick isn't a rapper to me - he's a performer/entertainer. he's a very contrived character that was designed to sell records without anything original or interesting to say. i listened to his albums and walked away feeling like i could have gotten the same experience by listening to just his instrumentals, which are too booty shaking for me to enjoy. maybe it's just that i grew beyond the 95 south/dis n dat type music shortly after it came out. yeah, we all like trunk rattlers, and we like to watch chicks dance to this music, but after a couple plays it just gets dumb. i'd be embarrassed if someone heard me playing that crap...

that being said, i'm going to go ahead and lump him in with mike jones and a lot of the other miami/third coast rappers who sell a lot of records but will never sell one to me. i'm talking lil wayne, juvenile, mike jones, and all those other mumble mouth idiots with not a damn thing to say. before i'm labeled as a south hater i'll point out that real music takes chances, an i respect and enjoy the work of organized noise artists, ugk, suave house, rap-a-lot, and even ghetto mafia's broke asses.

it's not surprising to me that big eric and frogstadumbass are bigtime lil wayne fans. masta ace says...

Look, don't ever again mention my name in ya freestyles
Or I cut off ya transmission faster than Lee Miles
And I heard ya album, this must be something you're new at
'Cause I rather hear a Lil' Wayne/Lil' Zane duet

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.